Friday 1 October 2010

Blog Number 5!!!

Hey everyone.

So I feel very proud of myself and a little like a computer genius. OK so all I've done is set up my new hard-drive and synced it with my mac but I am ru-hu-bbish with computers (I did have to call me computer wizz friend Nathan three times to ask what to do as well as follow the manual but I still did it).

I just had my second breakfast of the day. Basically - to ensure I have enough energy to get through Oklahoma 8 times a week, My daily meal plan is a bowl of porridge with a banana as soon as I wake up, then about an hour later I have a 'proper' which is usually something along the lines of what I had today which was scrambled eggs, tomatoes, ham and sunflower seeds, with a few beans on toast.
It's alot of food I know but I'm heading to the gym now and if I don't stock up I start to go green and feel sick.

You probably wonder why I talk about food so much on my blogs - it's because food is one of my biggest passions and interests and pleasures. Some of you may know this but not many - when I was a teenager I was considerably over-weight. It was my own fault as I literally ate 5 chocolate bars for breakfast EVERY DAY whilst waiting for the school bus. I was bullied for it at school and I find it funny now, but at the time it was quite traumatic - I was called 'Milk Mark' because I had man boobs. hahahahahahaha I am laughing out loud now at the fact that people called me that and that I have typed it into my blog for you all but I watched a video last night (which I've posted on the facebook fanpage) from the American programme 'Ellen'. It's a message from her about how homophobic bullying in schools has resulted in a number of gay teenagers committing suicide. This sort of behavior is unacceptable and bullying of every sort should not happen and should be stopped. Teenagers are so insecure growing up anyway and to have some selfish, nasty, spineless, cowardly bully make it worse for people is unforgivable.

I now look at the people who used to call me names and if I'm honest I think, I hope you're enjoying life because I certainly am - I have an amazing family and friends, I love what I do as a job and I am very very happy!!!

Whenever I teach at different schools and colleges the one thing I have zero tolerance for is bullying, so anyone who has ever been a bully - shame on you and I hope you feel bad for it!!!

Anyway - I had to just get all that off my chest.

We were told yesterday by the company manager of the show that although our schedule says we have 7 performances in Swansea next week, we actually have 8!!! My body was screaming NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Because as much as I love this show and will miss it when it's over, I very much look forward to having an 'easier' week and being in Wales I had made plans to get lots of things done and meet up with people which has all had to change now. So I kindly ask each and everyone of you who are reading this, no matter where you are in the world, please come and watch Oklahoma at the Grand Theatre in Swansea next thursday matinee just to get me through.

I had a very funny comment yesterday from someone saying "reading your blog is like being a nosey neighbor, I love it" - I have had many messages from people being very positive about it so I am happy you are all enjoying it. Keep messaging me cos I'm always happy to hear from you.

Right I'm having to go because I'm getting a lift into town to go to the gym and we're running late.

Love your lives and support anti bullying.

Happy Friday

Mark