Tuesday 26 October 2010

Blog number 13!!! - Edinburgh!!!

Hi ya'll,

Hope you're well.

I'm sat in my wonderful apartment in Edinburgh. I LOVE THIS CITY!!!!!!

So the last time I blogged was Thursday and it was the day of the party for Beth at our lovely digs in Wolverhampton. I had a meeting the next day in London so wanted to be in bed by midnight - I managed it, but between feeling sick from eating my body weight in party food and the ridiculous shouting coming from certain drunken cast members who were sat eating wotsits in the massive jaccuzzi for hours, I might as well have stayed up all night and partied with them cause I didn't really sleep.

Friday went well though, had a meeting and bumped into a good few friends randomly in London so it was all good.

Saturday matinee was our 200th performance of Oklahoma so including saturday night and the two previews at the beginning of our run we will tonight be performing our 204th performance. 
We only have 37 shows left. 5 weeks. Wowzers!!!!

After the show on Saturday night I was picked up by a driver and taken to a wonderful hotel in Cardiff. I was on the 12th floor on the corner of the building so it was more or less surrounded by windows with an amazing view of the capital.
I was in Cardiff for a concert at the CIA which is a great venue. It was to celebrate and showcase any Welsh performers who have been successful in reality TV so I was sharing the stage with Rhydian, Shaheen Jafargoli, Only Men Aloud, Ysgol Glanaethwy, Tara Bethan, Sophie Evans, Jukebox Juniors, Eclipse, and with the Mark Jermin stage school and the Debbie Chapman dancers.

It was a great night. Really enjoyed it. It's going to be broadcast on S4C between Christmas and New Year.

It was really weird as it brought back lots of memories. Before each performer entered they showed a montage on a huge screen showing what they did on the show and their success afterwards and it was a real trip down memory lane seeing shots of me on the BBC programme and shots of Andrew Lloyd Webber and I walking with my Mum and Dad around our family home in North Wales - good times.

So I've had a good weekend and flew to Edinburgh direct form Cardiff yesterday afternoon and spent time with my friends Aimee and Carys from school. Aimee and I went for dinner to a restaurant called the Outsider which was wonderful. Really great food.

So I am now getting ready to go to work for our first show this evening.

Any locals, come say hello if you're seeing the show.

RHYL IN TWO WEEKS FOLKS!!!!!!

I will probably Blog next on Friday as we have a fancy dress Halloween party as a company on Thursday night so I shall tell all gossip from that when I can.

Hope you're all well and happy.

Love your lives and keep in touch - love hearing from you all.

Happy Tuesday

Mark