Sunday 3 October 2010

Blog number 6!!!! (loosing count)

Morning everyone!

It's Sunday october 3rd and I've just had a 3 course breakfast in my hotel where I'm at for two nights in Cowbridge (30 mins from Cardiff) as I'm continuing with the recording of the music for 'Marcaroni' today and tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

We finished in Bristol last night and this week at the end of each of the 7 shows I did a charity speech to the audience letting them know that four of our cast members (Michelle White, Stephen Whitson, Dan Mackinlay, and Ste clough) have decide to take on the Survival Of The Fittest 10k Challenge. Which is a 10km run and assault course. They're running to raise money for the 'Teenage Cancer Trust' which is an incredible charity. Through their hard work and through the generosity of the Bristol audiences they have raised about £5000. They are about to start the run at about 11am this morning in Cardiff and I wish them all the best of luck. Anyone who was in the audience this week in Bristol and who gave money - Thank you very much on behalf of the guys who are doing the run!

I went to the cinema again on Friday. Saw the film 'Buried' it's by the creators of 'Phonebooth' which funnily enough was on Channel 4 when I got to my hotel last night. One of the critics gave 'Buried' two stars out of 5 and I would agree with that. It was interesting but wouldn't recommend it. Basically, (as I assume non of you will rush to see it after I just said it's not very good - so I won't be ruining the story for you) it starts with a guy waking up in a coffin, he has a mobile phone, a flask of alcohol, a pencil, a lighter and I think that's about it. The annoying and disappointing thing is that you never see anything outside of that coffin. It is very clever to shoot a whole film (1hr 40min) completely in a coffin but it did get a bit monotonous. And there's no happy ending! Sorry if I ruined it but I'd say go see something else or save your money if you had contemplated seeing it at all.

I have proof checked the DVD from my summer school and it brought back memories of how excellent the students where back in August. North Wales has some seriously talented youngsters. DVD will be sent out in the next couple of weeks.

I have decided (whilst eating my breakie) that I will have to start my christmas shopping when I'm in Manchester week after next as I am stupidly busy until December 23rd from now on really so Manchester is the place with the best shopping between now and then.
I love Christmas and this year i get 10 DAYS OFF!!!!! I have only ever had xmas day itself off every year for the past 7 years so to have quality time with my family is going to be AMAZING!

The Coronation Street omnibus is on while I write this and although I can't watch it usually because of the show - I have to say that blonde girl is great. Don't know what her name is or what the character's name is even but she's the one who appears to be the biggest trouble maker known to man and she is really good I'd say. Great to see someone unfamiliar doing great screen work.

Right I had better get ready to go as I'm being collected in 10 mins to go the studio for about 7 hours of singing kids songs. Hurrah. It's such a laugh.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends.

Keep smiling cos life is good!!!

Happy Sunday

Mark