Thursday 21 October 2010

Blog Number 12!!!!!

Morning everyone!

How are you all?

I am good thanks for asking! It's Thursday morning and I'm in my wonderful digs in Wolverhampton. There are 7 of us from the cast staying here and it's amazing. It's on 4 floors, all the rooms are huge and mine has an en-suite. Amazing kitchen, really cool lounge in the basement, and.......a massive Jacuzzi in the  main bathroom. Any actors reading this who work in Wolverhampton in future, you should really stay here, it's very reasonably priced too - check them out online, it's called 'theatre house'. There's a website and facebook page! So having a very comfortable week here.
It's Beth's (Gertie in the show) birthday today so we're having a company gathering (big party) here tonight. I have to get an early night though as I have to head to London tomorrow for a meeting - dull!

Audiences here in Wolves have been great. We had a very welcoming reception at the front of house bar of the theatre on Tuesday. The 'friends of the theatre' had put on a buffet and we had drinks and everyone was very complimentary about the show.

So the last time I blogged was on Sunday, so here's what happened Monday. I had a meeting to get to at 10.15am but because I was stuck at Bermondsey on the Jubilee Line underground train for 45 mins I didn't arrive until 10.25 - wasn't happy. But that was all fine. Then I had a meeting with Helen who runs my website and who set up the blog for me and my facebook page (to whom I'm very grateful as I'm thick as two planks with technology!) and we were discussing the plans for the new website which is under construction at the moment - very exciting.
Basically the website I have now was constructed so quickly (in a week) as soon as I found out I was in the final 6 acts to perform live on Saturday nights with the BBC program (Eurovision-Your Country Needs You in January 2009, for those who don't know about it) I wanted something online so that if people 'googled' me they would have a bit more information about me etc etc. So it was all about padding it all out to make me sound a bit more interesting back then haha.
Nowadays, there is so much going on in my life and career that Helen and I think it's too cluttered and a re-design will make it a bit nicer to look at and a bit less 'busy' and little clearer where anyone can find the information they want.

Then on Monday afternoon I had another meeting in central London before heading back to my flat to chill for the evening and my friend Daniel came over for dinner and a chill out as I've not seen him for ages. He randomly brought over two trout for us to eat which was very tasty but hadn't been filleted. We were laughing actually, saying that we should remember if ever we take anyone on a first date to a restaurant, don't order trout because it's the most unattractive thing to be chatting then having to pull a tiny bone out of your mouth that's covered in mushy fish. HAHAHA. - I'm talking about food again!!!

Hold on a second..........

Sorry, I had to just nip to the loo then. Ha. I basically drink so much water because of all the singing I have to do that I spend most of my time needing a wee and just putting it off hahaha. So I have decided from now on -Unless I'm on stage, if I need a wee, just go - cos life's too short to be uncomfortable. Ha. Told you I just write what's in my head didn't I.

I am doing a concert this Sunday in Cardiff at the CIA. It looks set to be a great night. It's basically a night that features lots of the Welsh people who have been successful off the back of reality TV. Which looking at the line up - there have been lots.  Rhydian (or rather 'Ry-dee-an' said in that guys voice off the X factor) Only Men Alound choir, Cor Glanaethwy, (both 'Last Choir Srtanding' BBC) A couple of dance troups from Britain's Got Talent' Tara Bethan (I'd Do Anything) and a few more too as well as me. I reckon it'll be good. It's being broadcast on S4C (the Welsh Channel 4 which is available on digital outside of Wales too) for those of you who can't make it to the CIA!

Right I'm off to have my second breakfast of the day, before heading to work for two shows.

Any people who have been to see the show this week, thanks for being great audience members.

Don't forget all you Scots, we're in Edinburgh from Tuesday next week so I look forward to seeing you all in the audience - book your tickets!!!

Also, folks from North Wales, this will probably be the only time in my Career that I do a touring show of this type playing a role like this which is being performed in Rhyl so if you want to see it, buy tour tickets as it's selling well. From November 9th-13th. See you there.

Love your lives folks cos it's blooming great.

Speak soon

Mark

ps no longer going to proof read these things cos they get longer each time so I apologise if they're a mess. Ha