Sunday 10 October 2010

BLOG NUMBER 9!!!


Hey Everyone.
So I’m sat on a Virgin train home to my family in North Wales and I don’t have any internet but I’m hoping that if I type this up on a ‘word‘ document I will then just cut and paste it onto my blog when I get some reception on my dongle – I know what you’re thinking, I’m a technological genius – well I’d have to agree. Haha. If I don’t get it posted before I reach my parents farm (or the ranch as all us kids call it) then I won’t have a hope in hell of getting any internet up there in the hills, which is the exact reason I go home – to see my amazing family and to be somewhere that is so isolated I don’t get phone or internet reception at all. Bliss. I really need that for a whole day tomorrow as I feel I haven’t stopped recently.

So the last time I blogged was when I was rushing out to see the new film release ‘Death And Life Of Charlie St Cloud’. I told you I’d give you the low down after I saw it and I have to say I loved it. Zac Efron is a BRILLIANT actor in my opinion and having watched High School Musical a couple of times (understatement) from researching it for when I was auditioning for the stage show I think he has transformed himself into an incredibly diverse actor and think he’s a very talented young man. The film is great. I would recommend it highly, and for that reason I’m not going to tell you anything that happens as I don’t want to ruin it.

Swansea audiences got busier on Friday and Saturday which was nice. Got a lift back to London last night with Ed who is our assistant MD (Musical Director) which took 3 ½ hours and managed to have a whole 9 hours in my flat, before I had to leave again. The 9 hours included 5 hours sleep before waking up sorting out dull mortgage paper work, doing lots of office work and general admin stuff for different things, washing clothes packing for Manchester and leaving again.

I am officially now a limited company!!! Myself and my summer school as well as any venture I decide to take on in the future will fall under the company name ‘Watch And Learn Entertainment Services Ltd’ – which if you take the first letter of each word and put them together it forms something that is very special to me – thanks to our Judd Fry, Mr Pete Galhagher for taking on that challenge of making a sentence out of the letters W.A.L.E.S!!!!

So then I met up with a good friend of mine this afternoon for lunch in central London before watching the matinee of Jersey Boys. I had seen it about 2 years ago but fancied seeing it again and had a couple of friends in it who I wanted to see. I enjoyed it even more than the last time. If you haven’t seen it and fancy seeing a West End show that is slick, well directed, a great production, incredible music and a superbly talented cast – then Jersey Boys is perfect. So refreshing to see a show where there wasn’t one thing that disappointed me – I’m sure a lot of actors will agree that from working in the industry and if you watch a lot of theatre and know how it all works then sometimes you notice certain things that let a production down slightly but Jersey Boys had none that that for me! Loved it!

I am so excited to get home. My Mum is collecting me from Rhyl station (By the way – Any North Welsh folk reading this, Oklahoma is in Rhyl from 9th-13th November –so GET YOUR TICKETS BOOKED!!!) This train just can’t go quick enough.

Tomorrow is devoted to dispatching all the DVD’s from my summer school ‘West End In Wales’ then chilling out with my family – especially my four nieces!

I received the final draft of the first six scripts for ‘Marcaroni’ the other day – only 46 more to come. I have got some serious memorising to do! It’s all gonna be great though.

We are in Manchester from Tuesday this week so anyone local, come see the show, although I think it’s sold really well so be quick to get your tickets. Looking forward to Manchester. Great city and all I’m gonna say is……….. EDINBURGH IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edinburgh is my favourite UK city outside of London and can’t wait to be there again for a week.

Anyway, I think I have written enough now haven’t I!!!!!!

By the way did you all see my post on the Facebook page – this morning at 10.10am? It stated that today was unique as at that time it was 10 minutes past the 10th hour of the 10th day of the 10th month in the year ’10!!!

Also, within this month there are 5 Fridays, 5 Saturday and 5 Sundays. That only ever happens once every 823 years apparently. I love facts like that – makes me appreciate being in this lifetime!
Thanks for reading everyone. I’ll blog again in Manchester – for now, picture me in the peace and quite of the Vale Of Clwyd in wonderful North Wales.

Love your lives folks, ‘cause we all know it doesn’t last long enough.

Mark