Thursday 30 August 2012

Blog 110! I'm Becoming A Battered Old Man! :-)

Hey Everyone

Happy Thursday.

Hope you all had a good week since my last blog. Mine has been pretty varied really.

Last Friday I woke up and could barely move my head. I hurt my neck during the evening show the night before so having rested it over night it had clearly seized up. I headed to see my physio and he did all he could and actually spent half of his lunch break continuing to work on me after my session as he said I was not in a good state and reckons its because I've been really busy with everything since before the summer school so my body was just having a bit of a hissy fit!

He made it feel a little more comfortable but I knew getting through 3 shows over the weekend was gonna be a challenge.
I then went to watch the matinee of National Youth Music Theatre's production of 13 which is written by composer Jason Robert Brown.
It was incredible. The talent in those teenage performers was outstanding and I was seriously impressed with them. I love seeing talented teens who have decided to pursue a really healthy and satisfying hobbie that could potentially become a career (hence working on my summer school for so many years). My good friend Drew McOnie was the choreographer of the show and his work is always amazing and I was really impressed by his intelligent imaginative movement which he'd created within the show. It's a shame it was only on in London for 6 performances as I'd have harped on about it for ages urging people to see it!

My friend Hollie came to watch Ghost on Friday night so I had a quick catch up with her before the show and then afterwards I headed home to well and truly rest as my neck was so painful that I couldn't feel my right hand in certain parts of the show- never a good sign really.

I had a dreadful sleep on Friday night because I could not get comfortable and it was worse in the morning instead of better so I called our company manager and explained that I would not be in to perform either of Saturdays shows.

I had originally made plans to head to my friends house after the show on Saturday night  so that we could enjoy a day together chilling on Sunday. She called me and said she and her husband were going to a wedding party and wouldn't be back until late so offered me their house to just chill out in. I jumped at the chance because I can never lay and do nothing in my own place.
So I picked up some nice food to cook myself and headed over to her place in Hampshire and just watched TV and lots of Brothers & Sisters and was then entertained by the two of them who arrive home late after the wedding and they were hilariously drunk! I was on water patrol!

Sunday morning I spent online, googling properties as I've decided to buy a new place and then in the afternoon we went for a walk and for some lunch. My neck was feeling a little looser but was still painful.

Sunday evening we went to meet another friend of ours for her birthday and had some amazing Thai food in Windsor. I love Windsor, it's a stunning place with so much class and character! It was a lovely evening and then we headed home to chill.

Monday morning I wondered down to check out an area in Epsom where there was a property for sale that looked interesting then I headed into town for a work out in the gym. I worked everything that doesn't immediately involve the neck. It was hard work. I then had physio and he mended me a little more and told me that the tension around my neck and shoulders would probably cause a few minor problems for my voice which it certainly has this week. I've been trying to sing and although it sounds more or less the same as usual it feels as though someone has a hold of my throat and is squeezing! Just what I need when I'm belting I Had A Life! Not!

I'm actually writing this blog on my way to the physio as my voice is still effected and not right. I don't want to miss any shows this week, particularly today's matinee as there are about 70 people in watching from North Wales. They're travelling on a coach 5 hours each way and doing it all in a day,it's been planned for over 4 months and they're all from my village up there and specifically coming down to see me! If I wasn't on, they would be, quite frankly, pretty pissed!

Another thing I did on Monday was watch the film TED at the cinema! My god I thought it was really bad! Didn't find it funny and  I was really disappointed as I love Family Guy which is written by the same man! I wouldn't recommend it unless you are really drunk, and if you plan on getting drunk especially for the film, don't bother cos the hang over won't be worth it!!!

The rest of this week has just been about house hunting really which is boring for you but exciting for me! Oh we also had a cast photo shoot for the West End Bares Calendar which was in minimal clothing! It was funny, a load of ensemble boys walking around the stage wearing socks somewhere other than their feet! Some were little trainer socks and a couple were football socks! I knew you were wondering! I'm joking of course!
The calendar is apparently to be released at the beginning of October and each month features a different West End Show baring too much!

So anyway, I'm at physio now. Hope you all have a great week. See you at West End Bares on Sunday if you are coming! Keep loving life folks!
Believe!

Sh-Boom!

Mark