Thursday 6 September 2012

BLOG 111! Tits and Ass!!!

Hi Everyone,

How you all doing? Hope you've had a good week.

Isn't it nice to have this sunshine. It's gonna be a good September I can tell!

So last Thursday was a struggle to get through two shows but seeing my physio  helped- he actually signed me off both shows saying I should rest my voice but I decided to not do what I was told and pushed through. I had 70 people in that I knew from Wales so I felt the need to be there!

By Thursday night I really needed my bed!
Friday I had a quiet day by myself and decided to have a relaxing massage at my favourite place, Thai Square Spa in Covent Garden! I opted for a different treatment to my usual which ended up being the most painful massage I have ever had without a doubt. When a physio treats you they might cause pain for a couple of minutes then move onto a different area for a while, but no, Demon Bitch (which is what I decided her name should be) got her elbow in every single muscle on my back and shoulders and neck and wouldn't let up until it was practically rolled out like pastry! I had silent tears it was so bad. She was literally crawling over me, using her feet, stretching me, cracking me and basically making me ridiculously close to demanding a refund. When she was finished she let me have 10 minutes to recover and stretch out which I requested and I suddenly realised that it was the most effective treatment I have ever had.

I got to work that night and my whole body felt so easy and relaxed and my voice could sing easily because all the tension had been forced out of my upper body! I decided Demon Bitch was nasty but she needed a medal for what she had done for me! I am now terrified to go back to her, but I know that I will on many occasions because it is certainly worth it!

So Saturday I woke feeling really motivated and revitalised and ready for the last couple of shows of the week. I headed in early for my guitar lesson which was hard work. I'm learning a really tricky piece at the  moment and my fingers nearly dropped off by the end! I enjoy it though.

I was absolutely delirious by the last show of the week on Saturday night and just found everything hilarious! We have a lot of banter back stage at Ghost which is surprising considering I'm rarely off the stage! It was a good show and a good way to end the week- and what was better was heading home to have a few glasses of well earned red wine!

Sunday I woke and had a chilled day at home before heading to the gym for a good work out (I know, on a day off- nutter!) then went to meet Louise Dearman for our West End Bares sound check. We ran through the song a couple of times and then headed for some food and a cheeky glass of wine!

We went back to get ready for the two shows and we walked back stage into a haze of glitter, naked bodies and more make up than the cast of Priscilla x 100!!!!!

There was no where to turn without getting practically poked in the eye by a painted nipple or accidentally getting a face full of rear end- it was an experience like not many others! "Hi, I'm Mark, nice to meet you, nice ass by the way" (that ass being covered in bronze body paint of course!)

The show itself was pretty darn amazing- what everyone did on a stage the size of a couple of place mats was incredible! There are some fiercely talented dancers in the West End and get them dancing with no clothes on and they're suddenly even more talented! It was a great night, fun, sexy, classy and all in aid of a fantastic charity,Theatre MAD! It's not yet been confirmed what has been raised in total but if you were in the audience, thanks so much for coming and being such a great crowd. I hope you had as much fun as we did!

I was shattered by the end of the night! There was A LOT of waiting around without really being able to relax because you'd get an "excuse me, I think your sitting on my bra" or a "do you mind going in my handbag and passing me that bottle of Vodka"- also, Louise and I were there literally to sing the finale song (no stripping involved) but when you have people running around getting sprayed and oiled and seeing them limbering up you kind of feel you should be doing something other than just sitting and chatting! So we stood and chatted instead- which is simply exhausting of course!

I woke on Monday and headed to have a second viewing of a property I was interested in which I have decided not to buy, then I headed to work!

The rest of this week has been pretty uneventful really I've spent most of this blog writing about nude hotties but hey, why not! I'm off to do two shows now! I read a book yesterday- literally the whole thing, I urge you to read it if you're an actor or in training- its called:
The Golden Rules Of Acting That Nobody Ever Tells You - by Andy Nyman
It's a witty, easy read book which is very informative and it's actually good to read if you are a friend of an actor so you know how to handle them during the 'out of work' times etc. It's all so true and very motivating and reassuring!

If you read it, let me know what you think!

Have a great week folks! Keep believing!

Sh-Boom!

Mark