Thursday 13 September 2012

Blog 112! A Royal Visit!

Yo yo yo,

Wassup my readers?! Just thought I'd start this weeks blog a little differently.
How you all doing?......... I'm waiting for an answer- How are you? Come on now, I want you to say how you are feeling out loud- Ok so if you're moaning or complaining just start thinking genuinely about any and all the good things in your life! Do it now! 3 good things in your life! Right, now you're feeling good, let's continue!

It's been a good week more or less including a visitation from none other than my amazing mum! Good times!

Last Friday I spent the morning researching properties (dull for you) whilst having a nice breakfast in the sun then I headed to meet my pal Haley for a good catch up over an iced lemonade drink that Cafe Nero have started doing recently! It is so sugary but really nice to drink in the sun!  I'm in such a random waffling mood today.... I mean, why the hell do you wanna know what I drank from Cafe Nero?!

Anyhoooo- I left Haley to have a meeting with my agent and I then went to work to do the show.

When I got home, my mate who has been staying with me a few times recently (cos he is homeless until he moves into his new flat on Sunday) had made me food. He asked during the day what I fancied to eat that night and I said "Spanish Tapas" as a joke cos that would be a lot of effort!
Low and behold, I get home that night and there's a big paella, prawns with chilli dip, cheesy bites, olives, chicken skewers, stewed red peppers, nice breads and dips and the list goes on! He was so proud of himself for taking on my challenge and I was thrilled he did too cos it was delicious!

HOWEVER.......that night I didn't get ANY sleep because I must have eaten something dodgy! I blame Sainsburys! But I was literally ill all night which resulted in me calling my company manager on Saturday explaining the situation and how there was no way possible I could do the show that day having been so violently I'll and had no sleep at all.

So Saturday consisted of laying down, resting and replenishing my body with water & nutrients!
I felt much better by the evening, just tired (not much new there then).

After a really good nights sleep I woke feeling great and decided to randomly drive down to Dover with a mate to have a chill all day and to have a BBQ on the beach, swim in the sea, drive up the white cliffs and just enjoy the sunshine! It definitely proved to me that you don't always need to leave the UK to feel like you're on holiday! It was a great day which ended in a chilled night watching the Paralympic closing ceremony in my lounge and feeling really rested!

Monday I got up early to go to the gym to fit in a work out before Mother Evans arrived London Euston. Once she got in on the train, we walked down to Trafalgar Square to watch the parade of all the 2012 athletes. The atmosphere was amazing and it was a great way to finish what has been an incredible summer for British sport and for London and the UK in general. Mum loved it too which was the most important thing!

After that I took her for dinner to one of my favourite restaurants and then for some frozen yoghurt before she watched the show that night.
She met lots of my friends on the train home which she enjoyed and after a good sleep we woke Tuesday morning to go and view some properties together. The first place sent us into a delirious state for the rest of the day because the owner was an old lady who liked to collect things! LOTS  of things and it was so funny hearing her tell us all the reasons why she wanted to collect each different item, I kept catching my mum's eye and we were trying desperately not to laugh! Sweet lady though. After a busy morning driving around viewing different paces we had a nice chilled afternoon (we both had a nap) before I headed to work and she watched the show again! She loves it so much! She will have seen it 6 times by the time she and my sister come again for our last show on October 6th!

We headed home for nice nibbles and a good laugh before bed!

Yesterday (Wednesday) we just spent the day wandering round London and eating in some of my favourite places etc before I bid her a miserable farewell in Euston - hate saying goodbye to Mum every time! She's a legend!

Last night the show was tough vocally which is why I'm heading to see my physio now to see if he gives me the ok to do two shows today, but a great distraction from being concerned about my voice was the fact that the second understudy for Molly was on - Amy Webb and she was wonderful. It was lovely to act opposite a different portrayal of the role and she has a killer voice! What a talented gal!

Anyway I need to post this so I can head to hopefully get healed!!!

Thanks for reading as ever! Next week marks two whole years of blogging! That is dedication!

Have a great week and remember if you feel a bit rubbish, think of three things to be grateful for and which make you happy and it'll really help!

Keep Believing

Sh-boom!

Mark