Thursday 9 August 2012

BLOG 108!!! I Want To Enter The Olympics As Spiderman!

Hey Everyone,

Happy Thursday. I hope you're all keeping well. All I'm gonna say is GOLD GOLD GOLD! Great Britain are doing phenomenally well in the Olympics and I'm SO proud! But hey, I rabbited on about the games a lot in last week's blog so I'm gonna leave it there for today!

Last Friday I spent the day with my friend Caroline in Hyde Park (watching the Olympics live on the big screens). The atmosphere was amazing and the sun was blazing (that rhymes!) and we had a great few hours! Although when I got to the theatre that evening after catching up with a friend of mine who was visiting from New York I realised that by being patriotic in the park and wearing my TeamGB t-shirt I had pretty nasty tan lines and had very prominent lines from my T-Shirt sleeves on my arms. Needless to say I had to use quite a bit of make up to cover up Sam's dodgy tan in the first scene where I wear a white sleeveless vest. I proper burned my nose too! Silly!

After the show on Friday I headed home watched some Brothers & Sisters and then got to sleep. The end of last week seemed to go on forever! It was really tough.

I decided to combat the fatigue and generate some energy on Saturday morning by Swimming 50 lengths before my guitar lesson and my matinee! It worked until half way through the second half of act two then I crashed like a demon!
After some food and a sleep in my dressing room (with the Olympics in the back ground on the telly) I was geared up for the last show of the week. It ended up being full of laughter and good times (off stage of course) - mainly because in one section of the show my trousers split in the behind - from the top all the way down the centre seam which resulted in me having to do the whole of the subway station where the subway Ghost is teaching me how to move things with at least one hand holding my trousers up else they would have literally dropped down to my ankles. The whole of the cast were either in the wings or watching on the monitor and were very amused by my challenge that had arisen. I exited the stage, got into my dressing room and was rolling about on the floor with laughter, my dresser had to tell me off because I literally have about 90 seconds to get changed and she needed to give me new trousers! It made me delirious!!!
We also kept getting updates of all the gold medals we were getting in the Olympics which got the whole cast so excited, my second act on Saturday was inspired by Jessica Ennis! She is an absolute machine!!! She's a legend!

By the end of the show I had exhausted every ounce of energy in my reserve tank and gladly headed to my mate Sally's house to stay the night and within 45 minutes of my arrival I'd devoured a whole bottle of wine to myself and then I hit the hay!

Sunday was a day of lounging in jogging trousers with Sal and her mate and we just ate nice food and guess what we watched on the TV all day?! Yup you guessed it, the Olympics! Andy Murray played some amazing Tennis on Sunday and I was so pleased he got the gold in the men's singles!

Sunday evening I headed home and could feel a cold trying to get hold of me so I dosed up and went to bed (after doing lots of work on my summer school)

I woke Monday morning and felt really weak and quite unwell, but I never let an illness get the better of me if I can help it, so I dosed up and had lots of vitamin C and worked on my summer school all day and then headed for a swim and a steam before work.

I got to the theatre and it was great to do the show with Siobhan again as Molly. She had a two week holiday from the show and I really missed her. So it was a good show on Monday and it helped me get through by focussing my attention on Siobhan as oppose to feeling ill!

Tuesday I woke and forced myself to have a relaxing morning and get some rest before heading into town in the afternoon for a swim and to run a few errands!

By Tuesday evening I think my sickness was bored of me not allowing it to take hold so it gave up- I felt much better and the show was great with a superb audience!

I went to the cinema yesterday (after even more work on my summer school!) to see Spiderman. It was amazing! I want to be spiderman. I have decided to cancel the jobs I have lined up for after Ghost and go into a science lab and stay there until I work out how to become spiderman. I got a C in my GCSE science so I'll be fine!

After watching the film I met my brother from another mother Ben Stott who I worked with in Wicked. We had a good catch up over a smoothie and then I headed to work.

I got home last night and watched more Brothers & Sisters. Those actors are so inspiring!

And that brings me to Here Right Now (the moment not the song!) I'm about to head to buy some tile samples before going for a swim and then i might do  cheeky matinee.

I am not at Ghost all next week as I will be in Wales running my summer school WEST END IN WALES. We have 74 students and the best showcase planned so I am warning you now, next weeks blog might be considerably shorter than usual as the summer school week is always my busiest time of the year.

Have a great week folks! Enjoy the closing ceremony of the Olympics on Sunday. Have heard some of the great things that will be happening from some people involved and it's going to be amazing! I LOVE THE OLYMPICS (had to get it out there one last time!)

Keep Believing!

Sh-Boom

Mark