Thursday 2 August 2012

Blog 107! An Olympic inspired week!

Hey Everyone,

How are you all doing. What a great week it's been eh?!

Loving the atmosphere around town because of the Olympics. Although I have to say that although we were majorly warned that London was going to be extremely busy during the Olympics, it is actually quieter than usual. That's just in central London of course, I'm sure it's much busier on certain forms of transport and in the event venues. So many people were doubting London's ability to host an event as large as this and I think the organisers are proudly proving those pessimists wrong - I have to admit that I had worries about how the transport system would cope but it's been organised brilliantly, and actually it's so refreshing to be surrounded by happy patriotic people from all over the world instead of miserable London commuters who hate their jobs, hate their lives and hate everything else that exists!

Last Friday I spent 6 hours on summer school admin work and then went tile shopping for my new bathroom - (I know, thrilling eh?!!) it is actually REALLY difficult. It's such a massive decision. Bathrooms can look sexy or naff and I don't want mine to be the latter! Its all about the sexy!!!


Then Friday evening I headed to a mates house near by and there were 5 of us drinking and eating and enjoying the Olympic opening ceremony, but even more  enjoyable was the novelty of having a Friday night off. We felt like we had 'normal' jobs and worked 'normal' hours like 'normal' people.

I personally thought the ceremony was incredible. Danny Boyle who directed it is a genius. Every element of it was so well thought out and beautifully executed. The only slight disappointment for me was the vocals of most of the singing. I'm not naming names but lets just say there wasn't really anyone that stuck out as being good in my opinion, which I think is a shame and a poor representation of our countries great artists and musicians.

I thought I might be extremely hung over on Saturday morning after consuming a LARGE amount of alcohol the night before, but I woke up fresh as a daisy and went for a swim before my guitar lesson and then did the final two show day of the week.

Saturday night I watched a film with a mate. It was a horror film called Grave Encounters which I loved. It was pretty jumpy and scary but was done very well and not silly and unrealistic like most horrors are.

Sunday I spent nearly 10 hours working on summer school things to get on top of it all and after that I went for a walk to my mates house to get some air and we sat writing silly songs with my guitar and having a laugh.

Monday I did more office work before meeting the musical director of my summer school to work through all the music and then headed for a work out at the gym and a swim.

After the show on Monday night I headed home to start a new series of Brothers & Sisters. The actors on that show are amazing. Sally Field leads an incredibly talented cast and she herself is just phenomenal and heartbreaking! I always feel inspired when I watch that show, which is a good way to feel before going to sleep! 

Tuesday I woke early and left the house immediately after breakfast to make sure I gave myself a day away from summer school work because it was beginning to define the very meaning of my life!

I headed to the gym and worked hard for two hours including a nice swim in an empty pool.  After that I met a good friend of mine for a coffee and a catch up before chilling watching the Olympics on the TV in my dressing room.

After Tuesdays show I of course headed home to watch Brothers & Sisters again.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I decided to do an early gym session again. Pushed myself hard for 2 hours and then after a steam I met my friend who'd just retuned from a holiday.

I spent the afternoon chilling with a mate and after the show last night I headed home for a couple of hours work on West End In Wales. You'll be pleased to know there is not much more preparation work left to do at all for the summer school now so we're all systems go to start a week on Monday.
It's gonna be a great week's course and we're fully booked with 71 students attending.

Right, that was my week, I hope yours was good. I'm off for a swim and then a physio session before heading to work for the matinee.

Have a great week folks and keep supporting which ever country your from in the Olympics- those athletes are incredible and the amount of hard work they put in to their training to represent their country in the best possible way is mind-blowing, they certainly deserve our support!!!

Keep believing and love your lives.

Sh-Boom.

Mark