Thursday 26 July 2012

Blog 106! Proud to be British!

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thursday.

It is ROASTING in London this week. Hope you've had nice weather wherever you are as you're reading this.

It's been a good week, busy for me but again nothing exciting really other than being stuck behind a desk sorting LOTS of things for my summer school, and it's just typical that one of the busiest weeks I have as far as office work is concerned, the rubbish weather takes a major turn for the better! Anyway, I'm being so stereotypically British talking about the weather aren't I?!!!!

Talking of being British though, how excited are you about the Olympics? The opening ceremony is tomorrow night!!! I mean yeah, the whole thing is gonna send London into mayhem for nearly two months but I have decided to be patriotic and be proud that we are hosting the 2012 games. (until you read one of my tweets where I'm complaining about TFL).

I had a thought today, well it was more a flashback to when I was a teenage fatty in Wales and doing not much other than a lot of dance classes, singing lessons and eating chocolate bars, I would never have dreamed then that 12 years down the line I'd actually consider London to be my home and to be living here this year is amazing! I just thought I'd write that in here as a reminder to you all that none of us know what the future holds and we should be excited by it and not just plod through life! I wonder where we'll all be and what we'll be up to in 10 years time! Whatever you WANT to do, set a goal now to get there by 2022! Have faith and belief and you'll get there - if you need a little guidance read a book called The Secret!

Anyway, this week as I said has been mostly working on office work so the only things I need to write about really are that I allowed myself a real chilled out Sunday with a couple of friends and enjoyed a good few drinks - which resulted in a few comedy photographs being taken which many of you will have seen on Twitter! It was a great weekend.

Other than the gym and swimming a lot that's all that's really happened this week- oh we also had an extra matinee on Tuesday because we don't have a show on Friday night because it's the opening ceremony of the Olympics. It's a much harder schedule to perform the show this way because although it's still the same amount of shows within one week, doing an extra double show day is tough. Singing and shouting the show twice in one day really takes its toll on a person vocally and so 3 double show days in one week is extreme! However I'm also glad because I would not like to be working tomorrow night because I wanna be able to enjoy the footage of what I'm sure is going to be an immense opening to our games!

Anyway folks I'm off to have a session with my physio (or physic as my autocorrect on my iPad likes to call him) before heading in for two hot shows! I'll be dead sweaty! Get it! Ok enough with the jokes I'm off!

Have a great weekend and lets celebrate how amazing Britain is and support TeamGB and hopefully we'll get lots of medals!

Positive thoughts! Keep believing!

Sh-boom!

Mark