Thursday 19 July 2012

BLOG 105! A whole lotta summer school prep!

Hey Everyone,

Happy Thursday and happy blog day.

Hope you're all grand.

Is been a good week since my last blog. Nothing majorly huge to report but it's been a good week non the less.

Last Thursday night after the show I met with my agent and had a good catch up to chat about lots of things and then headed home to chill with a couple of episodes of Brothers and Sisters and then slept like a baby! I've now finished the 3rd season and still love it as a tv show. I'm gonna start on the 4th season next week I reckon.

Friday I think the jet lag had caught up with me. Going back to do two shows was a bit of a killer after a few days in NYC. Luckily all I needed to do was sit in front of my computer and watch video entries of kids performing to pick a winner for a competition which has been held recently on a welsh TV show called TAG where the winner gets to come along to my WEST END IN WALES summer school for free. There were lots of talented kids who applied and it took a while to get through all the videos. There were 5 who I thought stood out over all and one winner, so it was quite an inspiring afternoon. By late afternoon I was on my phone on standby ready to speak to them in the TV studio live on air to announce who the competition winner was. Once I had done that I went for a nice long swim at the gym and then did the show.

Saturday I needed to head into work early for a guitar lesson and then performed the matinee. I don't know what happened to me but I had somehow shaken off the tiredness and jet lag and managed to have loads of energy for both the matinee and evening show which resulted in me heading out for a good few drinks with some of the cast and then headed home for some nice food and a long sleep.

Waking up midday on Sunday was a rare treat. I felt rested and refreshed. Headed to do a big old food shop before working on more summer school stuff and then heading to my friend Callum's house for a Sunday roast, lots of ice cream and a good film! Perfect Sunday!

Monday morning I woke and after 4 hours work on West End In Wales I headed to the gym for a couple of hours and then went to work. The audience on Monday night were incredible! Really great crowd! We have Lisa Davina Philip paying Oda Mae Brown this week (she's the understudy) and she is bloomin marvellous! It's worth a trip to see Ghost this week just to see her! So funny!

On Tuesday I did more work on the summer school and then again I went to do a couple of hours in the gym. After the show I saw my agent as he was in watching again and then headed home.

Guess what I did yesterday? (Wednesday)...... Yup you got it I did a lot more work on the summer school - due to the fact that it's the last one this year I am doing everything I can to make sure it's the best ever, hence all the hard work!
I then headed in to meet my manager Rebecca for a coffee and a catch up before heading to work to chill out in my dressing room before doing the show.

Last night I wanted to watch a movie when I got in but I ended up being too tired and just fell to sleep like a little old man! Ha.

I feel nicely awake now though to go in and crank out two shows and love every minute of it. I can't tell you how much I love doing this show. Of course it is hard work and I shall be more than ready to move on in October when we finish but having just gone past our 6 month mark (Siobhan and I opened in the show officially 6 months ago to last Friday 13th July, which is weird as we opened on Friday the 13th too), I can honestly say that I'm really happy to have been a part of this amazing piece of theatre and urge you to try and see it before October 6th if you haven't already,  it's a really special show that is very different to anything you'll see in the west end right now, and anytime soon I imagine.

Anyway, that brings me to a close yet again. Thanks for reading as usual. Hope you all have a great week.

I'm off for a swim before the show.

Love your lives cos life is great and above all...Keep Believing!!!

Sh-Boom

Mark