Wednesday 22 September 2010

My First Blog!

Hi Everyone.

So I have decided to create a blog for those who are interested in reading about  what I'm up to and any news I have to tell. Also any funny stories of what's going on in the land of the Oklahoma! national tour and beyond.

I am overwhelmed by the messages I receive on my Facebook fanpage, Twitter and to my website not to mention the mail that some of you send to various theatres - so I thought this was the best way for me to keep in touch with you all and give you any goss on me and my life!!!

So I'm sat in my lovely little cottage in Cheltenham as I write this - I'm staying with Gemma who plays Laurey and Joe who plays Will this week. Incase you're wondering, we find our own accommodation during this tour which a lot of people consider to be a bit of a chore (you have to call the theatre and ask for a digs list then look through it and call to ask if anyone has any vacancies and most of the time the digs list is so old that people usually say "I stopped being a landlady 10 years ago") but at least then you can hopefully find nice places which can feel like home from home - which is very important when you're on the road! - this week we lucked out. I like this place a lot, and Cheltenham is a lovely town.

It's really strange that I'd decided that this was the day I'd start my blog because coincidentally the three of us have just watched the film Julie&Julia, with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It's all about online blogging - Julie (Amy Adams) sets herself a challenge to cook 542 recipes from Julia's (Meryl Streep) cook book in 365 days. I don't intend on taking that challenge myself but I think it means I'm obviously meant to start my own general blog today! By the way it's worth watching the film for Meryl Streep alone - the woman is a genius. It's based on two true stories!!!

For those of you who don't know, I'm a bit of a health freak. I enjoy the gym (although don't get much time with Oklahoma because of all our mid-week matinees) and love food - healthy food especially. I obviously crave 'rubbish' too - that's what my mum calls things like chocolate, biscuits, crisps, cake etc (but of course, she still eats it all herself, ha) - but I try to lay off it as much as poss. I like a challenge.
If anyone has any nice original recipes they want to send me please do - Joe and I are very often sharing digs on this tour and both try to eat healthily, so we can challenge each other with the recipes you send and let you know how we get on cooking them.

I'm surprised my first blog has been kind of all about food but if you watch Julie&Julia and see what they cook in it, you'll be as hungry as I am right now.

You'll notice in my writing style that I literally just type what's on my mind so a lot of the time it will just be utter randomness but then at least you know it's the real me!!!

So anyway, I'll wrap this one up with a request that,  if you can - come see Oklahoma! - If you've seen it already come again, and come say hi at the stage door. It's great to have supportive fans and I really appreciate you investing your time and brain space in me and following my career.

I'm aiming to blog every couple of days or whenever I have something interesting to say so get in touch if you want to comment.

Be happy and love life!

Mark