Friday 24 September 2010

Blog No2!!!

Blog number two folks.

Hope you're all well.

So I watched another film today. 'Eat Pray Love' starring Julia Roberts. I'd been told by a friend to read the book a few months ago and when I picked it up at Waterstones I admit I was a bit unsure as the quote on the bottom of the book cover said "One woman's guide to everything" and although, yes the book is a little on the 'girly' side I actually enjoyed it and it kind of got me interested in Buddhism which I am very intrigued by and am reading lots about at the moment.
As for the film it was very good and Julia Roberts was fantastic as always but I don't think films are ever as good as the imagery you create in your own imagination when you read the book. I'd recommend it though.

So Oklahoma news - The audiences where a little on the polite and quiet side at the beginning of the week but they've been very responsive for the past couple of days. It's turned out to be a very good week here in Cheltenham. I'm aching a bit and feel my body has aged a decade after working hard at the gym for three days this week though - the dream ballet has been a bit more of a nightmare ballet as far as my thighs are concerned!!!

Marti (Aunt Eller) was ill yesterday and was unable to perform and we missed her - Alexandra Grierson is a fantastic understudy for the role and did really well. Pete (Judd) and I did find it hard not to laugh when she was a bit aggressive in the scene in the smoke house when she's telling us off for firing our guns and she hit him quite hard on his back and I've never seen such a big guy jump quite like that in my life - it was very funny and we both found it difficult to look at each other for the end of the scene!!!

I am heading back to London tomorrow night (Saturday) after the show as I have a photo shoot with a friend Nathan Amzi on Sunday to get some new publicity shots.

Monday is the first day I start working on 'MARCARONI'. It's a Welsh kids TV show I start filming immediately after Oklahoma for 5 weeks in Cardiff. I play the title role who is a quirky composer who lives behind a clock face and creates a new kids song in every episode. It's part of my bid to promote youth theatre in Wales and encourage youngsters to sing and perform. So I am in the studio in Cardiff on Monday to start recording the first selection of the 52 songs I'll be recording in total. Lots of work but I'm looking forward to doing something completely different.

We're in Bristol with Oklahoma from Tuesday this week until Saturday - so if you're local, come see it!!!

Still no healthy food recipes been sent for myself and Joe to cook and post pictures of so if you have any - please send them to me on the facebook page.

Thanks for reading number two- any comments or topics you'd like me to discuss, send them in!

Keep smiling

Love your lives!!!

Mark