Thursday 15 March 2012

Blog 87!!! The dentist, a party and a peculiar massage!!!

Hey Everyone,

How you doing? Happy Thursday.

I am writing this whilst feeling excited for the day ahead. Basically every Christmas my brothers, my sister and I don't give each other presents, we decided a few years back that we should all save our money and spend it on some quality time together instead. Last year they came to stay with me in my apartment in Cardiff whilst I was filming Marcaroni and this year they're coming to stay in London and watch me in Ghost! Well folks, today is the day that happens! They're watching the show tonight and then we'll be hitting the town for food and drinks! Can not wait! I've not been home since before new year and it feels a lot longer than that too! So Mevans is a happy chappy today!

It's been a great week. Friday I got up nice and early to go the dentist. I tell you, this woman (my dentist) the last two times I've had a check up was a right moody old swear word - but this time she was lovely……I was trying to figure out why - "maybe she got lucky last night?", "Maybe she won some money on a scratch card?", "Maybe she lost 4 pound at weight watchers this week?" I couldn't work it out. Until she finished my appointment and as I was walking out the door she said "Thanks for coming in Mr Evans, nice to see you" I replied "erm….yes, you too…" and then she said "and well done in Ghost, I loved the show" BOOM there it was, the reason why she was nice to me! So folks if your dentist is a bitch the answer is - play the lead in a west end show that she intends on watching and she'll change her personality! Simple! 

After the dentist I was running around town doing some shopping. I needed to buy gifts for one of our cast members, Jenny Fitzpatrick. She has written the film PAY BACK SEASON which is in cinemas nationwide now and I organised a cast outing for 26 of us to go and watch it on Friday afternoon, the day of it't release. I had also done a secret collection to get money from everyone at work to buy her a congratulations gift, which is what I was running around getting. 
I finished shopping and then popped for a quick 30 lengths of the pool before meeting the gang at the cinema.

I cannot tell you how proud we all were of Jenny after watching the film. We were all obviously going to support her regardless of the standard of the film, but I was SO relieved to genuinely think the film was fantastic. She has a real talent for writing and this is a massive success considering it's her first time writing a movie. 

So after the company warm up on stage that day, I did a big old presentation for Jenny  - a big flower bouquet and all her gifts and finally we presented her with an Oscar Award (which you can buy near our theatre) for 'Best Screen Writer'. She was extremely overwhelmed and got quite emotional. We have a wonderful cast and company at Ghost and it's times like that which make you grateful for the opportunity to work with a team of great people.

Saturday I had two good shows before having a few drinks at the pub (getting to be a Saturday night regular thing now - and I like it) then I headed to meet a friend for an end of run party of the show he'd been a part of. We had a great night and then I headed home to a nice cosy bed to watch my TV Special 'NOSON YNG NGHWMNI MARK EVANS' on S4C catch up. Thanks to everyone of you who got in touch to say that you'd watched the programme and enjoyed it. I was overwhelmed by the response and the producers of the programme where happy with it, the ratings were good and my management were really pleased - a success all round which proves that hard work and a lot of effort really do make a difference. I cannot thank you enough for your support as always. If you're reading this, you are following what I'm up to and supporting me and my career, for which I'm very grateful. 
If you want to watch it (with subtitles) just copy & paste this link into your search bar and press 'S' in the bottom right corner for English subtitles.

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=501583961

After watching it I fell asleep and didn't set my alarm. BLISS!!!!

Sunday I went to check out a new cafe which has opened near me, It has amazing interior decor and the food was pretty good but the service was a bit shoddy! Good to see it though. After that I dId a bit of a food shop, had a little snooze and then headed out to a glamorous birthday party for my friend Wayne who was celebrating turning 30. It was a great night in a fab venue in East London and I enjoyed catching up with lots of people I hadn't seen for some time. He had loads of people there because he is quite simply a wonderful friend to everyone! 

Monday I woke and did lots of research work for my friend Sally's Hen Party and went to check out a few possible venues before confirming it all and starting to work on invites etc - god help me if I ever get married, organising a wedding will completely take over my life! 

The show on Monday night was good and afterwards I headed home to watch a couple of episodes of Brothers & Sisters before nodding off! 

Tuesday Was a busy day (aren't they all???) I woke early and got to the gym by 11.30 and didn't leave until 3pm (more than 3 hours) I did a complete all over body workout and then finished with a one to one private pilates session with an instructor, which was amazing. At the end of a long session it was a great way to stretch. It was the pilates with all the clever machines which make you feel like your being drawn, as in 'hung, drawn and quartered'! It was a really great productive day of fitness.
After that I had countless conversations with my manager and agent about a few things we have in the pipeline and then I got some food and headed to work. The audiences are great at the show at the moment. Really responsive. Great crowds! Sometimes we get audiences who get so traumatised by the emotional story that they just sit quietly and hide behind a tissue or hanky pretending they're not a big snotty mess! 

Yesterday (Wednesday) I headed into town in the morning to meet my agent and check out their new offices (very nice) and then I did some writing on my laptop before meeting a mate of mine to go and use up a voucher I had bought from living social which is an online discount site that emails you special offers and deals for a variety of things, from half price horse riding to two for one romantic meals and even holidays abroad. So this time last year I bought a one hour full body hot stone massage for two people at less than half price to use at the 'Purity Spa' which is in the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane (area of loads of expensive really nice hotels). Well I noticed it ran out soon so booked it and then took my mate with me. 

We were really looking forward to a whole afternoon of pampering and we took our swim shorts with us as we thought with a name like 'Purity Spa' it must have an amazing pool with relaxation facilities. WELL…….. we arrive and walk through the beautiful lobby of the Hilton Hotel and take the elevator down to the spa. IT WAS HORRENDOUS!!! All the staff were wearing shocking pink uniforms and their hair tied back in a messy attempt to keep it off their faces, it was like a scene from The Only Way Is Essex!!! So we are signed in to this dingy little place and get told to go and sit in the waiting area "araaaahnd the cahwnah" - Picture this, two blokes, sitting on a tiny sofa in the midst of pink middle aged women getting their pedicures done and talking about menstrual problems and the menopause, and then the tiniest little lady comes out and says 'Mr Evans?' I say yes and she tells us both to come in.

So we suddenly realise that we're both in the same treatment room which made us really laugh. We walked in and it was just two beds shoved into a room that wasn't even as big as my bathroom, with pink towels resting on them. It was hilarious. So we both had to just strip to our pants while they waited outside, then they opened the door to come back in, and the gaggle of women who were sat enjoying their pedicures outside got a good eyeful of 'Mr Evans' and his sidekick laying in their pants on a couple of wobbly massage tables! To top it all off, the massage was just rubbish. Now, I am a big old 6ft 2 broad fella and it I'll be honest, this little ladies hand could barely dent my skin. It was like my youngest niece (who is 2) trying her best to tickle Uncle Mark but actually just poking me gently. The hot stones were nice and I did manage to unwind a little but the moral of this story is to a) never use Purity Spa at the Hilton, and b) be really cautious of exactly what your paying for when you book things via the online discount sites like Groupon or Living Social etc.

After we came out of the hotel I had a few errands to run before having a swim and a steam and then a good guitar lesson with my teacher Andy.
The show last night was great and I quickly saw a friend from college afterwards as he'd watched it for the first time. It's always good to see people I trained with. If you're a student at the moment, take my advice, make the most of having your friends around you all the time because there will come a day when you won't see them for weeks, months and sometimes years. Life passes us by so quickly so we must embrace every moment.

And on that note, I'm gonna wrap this one up. There are a few exciting things coming up for me to reveal soon and I can't wait. One of which is that my website markevansonline.co.uk has undergone a complete revamp and new look and will be revealed tomorrow morning for the very first time! It has exclusive news, and new pages and brand new pictures which have NEVER before been shown - I hadn't even seen some of them myself!

Love you're lives folks and love this week! Especially Sunday 'cause it's Mother's Day! My Mum rocks my world!!! 

Keep smiling!

Believe

Sh-boom

Mark