Thursday 8 March 2012

Blog 86!!! Busy week and a straddle for Gabby!!!

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thursday.

Holy Moly what a week it's been - manic beyond belief but as always it's been a good one.

Last Friday I needed it to be as much of a chill out day as possible so I woke and tidied up my flat and had a little rearrange of some furniture, as I'd bought a new cabinet for my lounge that was delivered last week, then headed into London to the sister branch of my gym as it has a spa and as a gym member, I get a discount so I went to enjoy a relaxing facial. When you work in theatre and have to wear make up 8 times a week it really does start to take it's tole on your skin - it's more than just the natural looking make up that girls wear, and if you don't look after your skin properly it really shows! Gone are the days of me being able to pass for 16 years old like I could when I played Troy Bolton in High School Musical 4 years ago - I was 22 at the time! I look closer to 116 years old nowadays (or at least that's how I feel a lot of the time!) So the facial did me the world of good - I think I was actually snoring a little when I dropped off into a sleep, how embarrassing! I booked myself a follow up session for a few weeks time and I can't wait. 

After that, I popped to have some nice healthy food before heading to work for a guitar lesson. The show Friday night was good but I was certainly ready for the weekend.

I woke Saturday morning and had a nice breakfast to kick start the day and then headed into town for work. Saturday's two shows were great. After the matinee I just bought some food and chilled in a coffee shop reading a book and then after the evening show I had a few drinks at the pub with friends and then headed home to watch a couple of Brothers & Sisters episodes with some home made chilli - YUM!!!

Sunday was a great day, I had a really long lay in bed in the morning and then after some food I headed to watch the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta 'Patience' at the Union Theatre. It's a great show which finishes it's run this weekend. It has a completely male cast, so all the female roles are played by men who sing in falsetto soprano - it was very impressive and it had been very well directed and beautifully choreographed and had a very strong cast. I would advise you to get a ticket but it sold out after a couple of days of them being open! I like to support the productions at the Union Theatre, they have a good selection of stuff usually!

Afterwards I headed to spend the evening at my best friends house. It was a lovely night with nice food, wine and good conversation! She did however produce a DVD of a film I have never seen all the way through. It was LAKE PLACID 3……. which was the first film I ever acted in, playing the role of Brett, a bit of a wimp who secretly hires a hunter guide to follow his girlfriend Ellie to the woods next to a Lake Placid, where she has gone on a long weekend away with a couple of mates and her tutor (who Brett doesn't trust). Once they get to the lake they realise that there is an infestation of massive killer crocodiles and it becomes a fight for survival, and by the end of the film Brett becomes a lot more heroic………but then a crocodile eats him alive!!! I would never usually ruin the end of a film for anyone but this film is SO BADLY WRITTEN that I would never suggest putting anyone through watching it! We watched it right through and we laughed…..ALOT!!! 

After a good night's sleep I woke at Sally''s house and we headed into Laine Theatre Arts which is where Sal teaches musical theatre and I sat and observed her class of first years for half an hour before getting the train into London. I have decided that I am going to write a one off special addition of my blog following my visit to the college as I want to give people a real insight into what it's really like in the big wide world after you've graduated and what I personally feel you need to focus on whilst training. I'm not too sure when I'm going to have this blog finished or posted but I will be starting to work on it soon!

I then went straight to the gym for a meeting with my new Personal Trainer who is excellent. We chatted for 45 minutes and he did a really good assessment of my body and what we both feel I should work on and then he took the information away and is drawing up a plan for me! Can't wait!

I then worked out for a couple of hours. including a gyrotonic pilates session which stretched me more than I've ever been stretched in my life so I felt a couple of inches taller as I exited the gym. I then went to the recording studio to do a bit of singing for a new project which will be announced soon and then I had a meeting with my manager.

I got to work feeling pretty tired but motivated after a very productive day and I was very happy to have Siobhan back on the show feeling well again!

Tuesday I woke and headed to have a 3rd treatment of colonic hydrotherapy which I have blogged about before and then went to the gym before having a singing lesson in which I was singing some of the Sam stuff from the show whilst rolling around on the carpet! It was fun and silly as it sounds it actually really helped! - Shame i can't roll around the stage. Don't think the director would be best pleased! 

I then had a rehearsal on stage before I went to sit with a coffee doing more research for my best friends Hen Party which I'm organising!

Yet again I have a nosey bloke sitting next to me on my train right now who insists on reading what I'm writing. And this bloke needs a shower too! STOP READING!
This is the second time this has happened to me, two weeks on the trot now! Are we generally a nosey race? A nosey species? A nosey nation? A nosey world? Whatever the case, It does my nut in!………He's just got off the train! Bye bye nosey dude!!!

After Tuesday night's show I headed home for an early night before a very busy Wednesday!

I woke Yesterday morning (Wednesday) and after breakfast got in a car to the studios to be a guest on 'Live With Gabby' on Channel 5 with Gabby Logan.
I was tired in the car so fell asleep and then my driver woke me up telling me I'd arrived and I had no idea where in London I was. I had to go on the maps app on my iphone once I was indoors to figure put where I'd been dropped off. It was Kensington area but as far as I was concerned I could've been in North, South, East or West London, or even blooming Blackpool - I had clearly been in  deep sleep. Really bizarre feeling 'cause I'm always in control of where I am and what I'm doing - I kind of have to as I'm always so busy!

The TV show was fun. Siobhan and I were challenged to make something out of plasticine (as in the pottery scene from Ghost) I just made a bowl and then she told us we had 30 seconds left so thought "I better keep going" so I tore a bit off, rolled it out, made a handle and it became a tea cup! Whilst I was doing this, Gabby, the host, straddled me and was nuzzling my neck (the way Patrick Swayze did to Demi Moore in the film). This caused a bit of a stir on twitter! I enjoyed the nuzzling! No complaints from me Gabby! Then she announced time was up - I presented my teacup to her on a 'Live With Gabby' coaster and turned to see that Siobhan had created a puffer fish. A PUFFER FISH!!!! How random can you get. We discussed afterwards that it did infact look more like female genitalia than a puffer fish but either way it was funny and we had a good giggle!

I then got a car to the gym  for a couple of hours before heading back to the recording studio to finish up a bit of work on this new project! I got SO excited and was very inspired by it and then really enjoyed last night's show which was the perfect end to a great day!

I woke this morning to a lovely text from my physio who said he had shifted a few appointments around to fit me in for a vocal massage today before the matinee, which is where I'm heading now!  Should make these two shows considerably easier! 

There's a woman humming on the train. Not quietly….LOUDLY. As in the way she would do as if she were sat here next to Simon Cowell and there was a chance he'd snap her up and give her an international recording contract like Susan Boyle because he had never heard humming like it! Lady…..hush up!!!

I've just finished the matinee and now Im off to buy some cinema tickets. There is a film out tomorrow called PAY BACK SEASON which was written by one of our cast members Jenny Fitzpatrick who plays one of Oda Mae's sisters in the Seance Parlour! She is extremely talented and I decided it would be good for us to show our support as a company and I have organised a group outing for tomorrow so I'm off to buy 24 tickets for the film for the afternoon showing tomorrow. Can't wait. Go and see it folks and spread the word to all of your mates! The story sounds great and it's had a really good response since the premier on Tuesday.

Final thought of this blog is just a reminder that this Saturday night at 8pm on S4C which is available on Sky and online, my T.V show is broadcast for the first time. AN AUDIENCE WITH MARK EVANS / NOSON YNG NGHWMNI MARK EVANS, which I filmed and blogged about last November. It's got singing, dancing, chatting, audience questions to me and I host the entire programme. It's a real coincidence too that it's very Ghost linked without me realising it. It was Choreographed by Ashley Wallen the choreographer of Ghost, my special guest was Rebecca Trehearn who is now understudying Molly in the show (we also went to high school together in Wales) and one of the amazing dancers I had was Craig Stein who is now playing our Subway Ghost. None of us knew at the time that we were going to be working together! Small world! And a blooming good world!!!

Love your lives folks!

Keep smiling, work hard and commit to everything you do and above all, try to love yourselves! 

Keep believing 

Sh-boom!

Mark