Thursday 24 November 2011

Blog 71!!! The Worst Week!!!

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thursday. This Blog will not be very long I'm afraid as I have really not been able to do anything this week -  I've been rather hideously unwell, however being a positive person i'm going to try and make it as little doom and gloom as possible and looking at one positive is that I'm feeling a lot better today and I am planning on heading back to WICKED tonight providing nothing goes wrong today.

So I want to thank you all who sent messages, letters and cards to myself and my family in sympathy last week. I have had a really difficult time dealing with it, but we said our last goodbye to my Nanna at her funeral last Thursday and I miss her terribly already and it is a massive blow to the family but she made our lives so much more wonderful by being alive in the first place so I am just grateful to her for everything she ever did. 

It was the day of the funeral that I started to feel run down and under the weather and then it all went down hill from there. I travelled back to London on Friday and I couldn't go back to work because I didn't feel up to it, i was dosed up on cold and flu tablets and sore throat medicines. I got back to my flat and tried to eat the right stuff and got an early night. 

I woke up on Saturday and I felt like I had been hit by a bus I was aching so much. I couldn't breath, I had a dreadful fever, chesty cough, head aches, all over cramping and feeling of sickness. All I could do was lay down and sleep - I was too weak to even count sheep, what kind of a Welsh bloke am I eh?! 

Sunday it was no better, I just couldn't see any improvement and then by Monday I couldn't handle feeling the same with no change so I went to the walk in medical centre and I was told that I had developed a severe chest infection as a result of all my other symptoms. She told me that the main cause was stress and exhaustion. 
She gave me a week's worth of strong antibiotics and an inhaler. I've never had such trouble breathing. My friend who visited me sat next to me on the sofa and the room was silent and we just listened to the noises my chest was wheezing out - it was no word of a lie like a cat was in there purring and actually meowing. I had no control.

I woke Tuesday feeling a little brighter which was such a relief to see a little light and then when I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling much better but still very weak. My sister and her 8 friends had come down from North Wales to see me in the show but I was not able to perform. Going back to do two shows after being so ill would've wiped me out for the rest of the week I'm sure. I was devastated, they had booked their trip ages ago and I felt I'd really let them down. I did go into London to see them though and i think the fresh air really did me good. Oxygen feels good when you go a while with out a fresh batch. ha.

So that's the blog for my week from hell. I didn't wanna harp on about it in great detail cos there's nothing more boring and disgusting than hearing tales from the sick eh?!

Now today marks the beginning of a new chapter for me, and I don't just mean feeling a little more like a human again - something else - I will be telling you all about it in next week's blog I promise you. I have so much to tell you all but you need to wait until next week.

Other news: 
I have unfortunately had to cancel my Christmas concert in North Wales on December 19th (THE JOURNEY HOME - FOR CHRISTMAS) which i'm disappointed about but I just could not fit it in with other work commitments which have come in and had to take priority but for those of you who've booked tickets (thank you, by the way) you will be fully refunded if you visit wegottickets.com 
I promise there will be another similar event organised in the new year.

This Sunday coming (Nov 27th) is the first 'Sunday Funday' with my company West End In Wales. It's basically a 4 hour get together for anyone aged 10-18 who's interested in theatre to come celebrate having the same interests and do some workshops, games and lots of fun stuff. I can't wait. You can just turn up and pay a £10 on the door which includes refreshments - All the info you need is on this page - http://www.westendinwales.co.uk/?p=959

So have a great week folks. I'm excited about my week ahead and to next week's blog. I promise you'll like what I have to tell you :)

Keep positive, I was challenged by negativity over the past week and a half and I admit it has been a really difficult time but as Thursday is the beginning of a new blog week, it's the beginning of a fresh start and I'm dedicating my new chapter to my Nanna. 

Love your lives and everyone in them folks! Big smiles :)

Sh-boom

Mark