Thursday 15 September 2011

BLOG 61!!! Fresh and reenergised!!!

Morning Everyone,

Happy Thursday. 

Hope you're all having a great week. I feel good after a week off from the show last week. Last time I blogged I was heading to meet my friend Haley to watch The Inbetweeners movie and we were both a bit disappointed to be honest. We thought it was going to be funnier than it was and we both decided we much prefer the series. Glad we saw it though. After that we went for a cheeky cocktail at 'The Experimental Cocktail Bar' in china town which is really cool, before heading for dinner to an amazing restaurant on Wardour Street called Inamo. It's a thai restaurant which has interactive tables. Each table has a projector on the ceiling above it and the corner of your table has a little mouse pad (like a computer) so you basically scan the menu and play games and place your order etc just by clicking what is like a computer screen on the entire face of the table. It's such a great idea and definitely worth a visit cos the food is superb too.

Good job I enjoyed a big meal on that night because on Friday my whole dietary life was to change. Ha. I have, for some time now, been wanting to have a session of colonic hydrotherapy, which is where they calmly filter water into your bowels and massage your stomach to remove any unwanted waste - did I describe that in a pleasant enough way? I could do it a lot more bluntly but it doesn't sound very nice. I had heard that by getting it done you feel invigorated, re-balanced and reenergised which sounded perfect for me. I arrived at 10am and had a 30 minute consultation which is where the two wonderful staff of this private, very quiet treatment centre give you a thorough analysis of your diet and what you should and shouldn't eat. I went in and explained that I have a very busy lifestyle and although I consider myself a healthy eater, I can quite often feel sluggish and a little run down and I would like as much help from my diet to be on top form as possible because the next 3 months are busier than ever for me. So I am now wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, red meat free (apart from once a week), very limited alcohol and no carbonated beverages. I do not advise any of you to try this yourselves as it is what has been specifically advised to me personally for my needs and has nothing to do with weight or body shape.
I then had the 1 hour treatment, which feels odd but is also oddly satisfying, and then they give you more advice on how to manage the new diet. They told me I'd feel tired for the rest of the day because it flushes a lot of the nutrients out of your body, but that in a day or two I'd feel the benefits.

I then headed straight to have a fitness facial at Nickel the men's health spa in Covent Garden which consists of an hours face and neck massage, deep steam clean, pore cleansing and moisturising. I was really annoyed, cos I was really relaxed and loving it (apart from the painful bit where they clear out your pores-ouch) and then for the last 15 minutes I really needed a wee, but didn't want to tell the girl doing the facial and also I couldn't open my eyes because of all the product on my face and I couldn't have found the loo even if she'd have told me where to go.  So I just had to concentrate and focus to make sure I held it in. haha. I clearly drink too much water!

My body felt like it needed a break after all the treatments of the morning, so I decided to jump on a train and head to Wales for the weekend, because although I'd had time off from work, I'd been mainly trying to fit in seeing friends and shows and doing different things in London that I was almost feeling more tired than when I am working on the show. I also never get the chance to be home in Wales without having to do some sort of work so it was blissful. Friday night I relaxed at home and played my guitar and watched TV and did nothing more than that. Saturday I went shopping with my sister for nice food and then chilled with my wonderful nieces before babysitting for my brother's girls at night, by that point I'd really started to chill out and then I woke up on Sunday morning and my goodness that colonic must have kicked in because I felt so energised and positive and alert. My mum woke me up to say "I'm going to work but I've arranged for someone to pick me up so that you can have my car for the day" - well that just put me in an even better mood! I got up and had a breakfast of fruit (cos that's about all I can have, ha) then i drove to visit my Nanna and had a catch up, I then went to pick up my friend Aimee and we headed to Sainsbury's cos I decided I wanted to have a party for my family, so I text them all inviting them to my Mum and Dad's for a buffet, so bought loads of lovely food (of which I was allowed about 20%) and then Aimee and I went back to my folks place to prepare it all.

The evening was spent with the whole family laughing and chatting and eating and we also had a bouncy castle in the garden which my brother had bought for my nieces birthday the weekend before. Well we were in hysterics doing competitions to see who could jump over the wall of the castle from the outside! My stomach hurt from laughing.
What an incredible weekend! Loved it! I'm now looking forward to Christmas with my family. Good times!!!

I drove Aimee home on Sunday evening and by feeling that amazing independence one feels in a car I decided I want one……so if any fans would like to buy me a silver convertible Audi TT then I'd be very grateful. Ha. I'm just kidding. Can you imagine getting a gift like that at stage door, there is no way I could except it. What could I say? "Erm….thank you"………… VRRROOOOMMMMMM (Picture Mevans driving away with his princely Fiyero hair blowing in the wind) hahaha.
But I am considering buying one, maybe in the new year.

Monday I chilled with my sister and brother before heading to the station to return to London feeling well and truly refreshed from a week off work and a weekend in paradise! I popped to do a good hour in the gym before heading to the theatre. It was lovely to see everyone. When you see people in a show every day, it seems so much longer than just a week when you take a holiday. I don't really ever enjoy the first show back after a break away because the 'routine' feel has kind of disappeared a little so i was glad to get Monday night out of the way and head home to my flat.

I woke Tuesday morning and had  a meeting in London and then did lots of work on my laptop before heading to the gym then doing a press interview at work. The show was good on Tuesday night.

I woke yesterday morning and went to do a big food shop, trying to stock up on everything I am actually allowed to eat. I think one of the reasons there are so many over-weight people in the world is because it costs so much more to eat healthily than to just buy junk food doesn't it?! I bought half as much as usual but it cost more than i usually pay! Bad times! 

After the matinee I worked on an idea for couple of things that I shall be doing in December once I finish Wicked. I will be announcing it in a couple of weeks and then after the evening show last night we all headed out for a birthday party for Tommy in our cast. It's called Rockaoke, some of our ensemble boys sang incredibly. We seriously have so much talent within the company which you forget when you see people just doing the same thing night after night. Amazing voices! It was great but i couldn't stay late as I have a meeting later on today so needed to get to bed, boo! It was good for us all to go out though because it was announced yesterday who the new cast will be from December so it's great for us because we know we now have 12 weeks left as a company and we are all going to make the most of it and have a great time! 

And that brings me up to date doesn't it?!?! So…….. I would highly recommend colonic hydrotherapy (to people over the age of 18) because it has definitely done me the world of good, so much so that I have booked another three sessions to use whenever I want over the next 12 months. My body is in much better condition now!

Tomorrow I'm going to be announcing a little competition on Twitter so keep an eye out for it! 

Who's coming to my album launch? How many days until the release?…….you tell me…..@MarkHEvans

Big love to you all and thanks for reading and for your constant support.

Keep smiling

SH-BOOM!!!

Mark

PS I'm about to attempt making my first home made soup! Wish me luck!