Thursday 8 September 2011

BLOG 60!!! ENJOYING MY STAYCATION!!!


Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday.

Hope you're all having a great week. I certainly am. I have taken this week off work to have a holiday, and I decided that for my holiday I would just stay in London and chill out. For this reason this blog will probably be a little shorter than others because i have been cramming as much into my week as possible and am heading to meet my friend Haley this afternoon to go to the cinema to watch The Inbetweeners Movie. Can't wait.

So last Thursday I spent the whole day working on stuff in my flat (boring paper work etc) that I needed to get done to make sure i had nothing to do but have fun on my week off. I managed to get the majority of stuff on my to-do list sorted before heading in to do the show.

Friday morning I headed into have a meeting with my manager and the producers of the TV special in November which made me VERY excited. We seriously have some great ideas and it's going to be a cracking show. I'm already enjoying working on the songs etc and we've not even confirmed everything yet - still can't quite believe I have my own TV special! Good times!!!

There is however one major thing you all need to know - THE DATE HAS CHANGED!!! I decided to make the decision to change the studio filming date from Monday November 14th which I originally announced (many times) in my video blog - It will now be filmed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13TH - As I said this was my decision. Reasons being that it is more convenient for the people involved with the programme to work on a show that finishes on a Sunday instead of dipping into the beginning of the next week, but most importantly I feel that by making it within the weekend, more of you will have the opportunity to be in the audience. We will be announcing within the next two weeks how to get your tickets (WHICH ARE FREE) for the show and as soon as it's up you'll be the first to know. But save the new date AN EVENING WITH MARK EVANS - NOVEMBER 13TH in Cardiff. I can't wait and look forward to seeing lots of you there. We will by the way be doing a section where the audience ask me questions so get your thinking caps on - I want the most challenging questions EVER!!!

So it was a very productive meeting on Friday. I then went for a swim to clear my head and have a little time to think. 100 lengths later I was chilled out and popped into work for a haircut before doing the show.

On Saturday I met some folks I know from Wales for a quick cuppa before heading in for two shows. I did a lot of guitar playing after the matinee and then after the evening performance I went to the pub with a few of the lads from the show. This was a real novelty. I used to pop next door for a drink quite often near the beginning of the contract but for the last 5 months I have been way too busy to have much of a social life, so it was a good way to start my week off by having a few beers. I then headed home and had to get a train to a station which was about a mile away from where I live (because it was late and my last train had gone) I was texting whilst walking and no word of a lie, I walked into three branches along the way home - literally, picture Mevans here, strolling along with my bag on my back and my guitar lugged on one shoulder, texting away, then all of a sudden SMACK I walk into a branch, right in my face. And what's worse is that it happened again - TWICE! I was laughing out loud at myself. Clearly a little intoxicated! Oops! :)

Sunday, I woke up and had a lazy morning then I made a very last minute decision to go and watch my friend Hannah Waddingham who plays the Wicked Witch in the Wizard Of Oz, as it was her last performance. She was excellent. What a talented woman. 

After the show I headed to have some tapas and sangria with my flat mate Nathan aka Fish (that's what we call each other. It started with a YouTube video entitled 'Get A Job Fish' - search it, you'll howl with laughter!)
Then Sunday evening i went to support the Theatre MAD charity event, West End Bares which is basically a load of West End Performers dancing, stripping and baring all in a very classy and well executed way to raise money for a great cause. It was a brilliant night, which was perfectly hosted by Gok Wan and Sheridan Smith. It was really fun.

Monday I chilled out in the morning then headed to my friend Sally's house for afternoon tea, how quaint. Then in the evening, she and I met my friend Tim to go and watch the fringe production of PARADE which he'd choreographed. It's playing at The Southwark Playhouse and it was one of the best things I'd seen in a long time. Excellent performances. Laura Pitt Pulford who plays Luceille was just absolutely heartbreaking and had a amazing voice - she really was sensational!
Highly recommend that show, it's on until September 17th.

Tuesday I woke and headed into have a vocal massage again, which did me the world of good as I'm not singing all week so my voice has well and truly had the chance to rest. After that I met my friend Matt and we decided to be tourists for the day so we did an open top bus tour of the city which was excellent - funny though as the tour guide asked the few of us on the bus at the beginning for the journey "where are you all from?" - there were some from Australia, Scotland, America and I said 'I've lived in London for 9 years' He laughed. I have been meaning to do one of those tours for ages and I now feel I have a better understanding of London because of it, and it's actually really relaxing just driving around the city. We then had a pub lunch before getting a boat back along the Thames and we went to have a good few cocktails before meeting my friend Haley and Matt's mate Chloe to go and watch ROCK OF AGES which started it's previews last week. I have a lot of good friends in the show and they were ALL brilliant. Oliver Tompsett who plays Drew is incredible. We're good mates since I understudied him in WCKED the last time I was in the show and he's written a couple of great tracks for my album. The show is one of the best nights out you could ever want in London. Do yourselves a favour and see it. Take a group of mates, and go party in the theatre! Let me know what you think.

After a good catch up with my mates afterwards I headed home!

Yesterday morning I sorted out my flat a little and then went to meet my manager and the producer of my album to discuss all the promotional work we're lining up for the release and everything that's happening after that.

If you haven't booked your tickets to the ALBUM LAUNCH BOWLING PARTY then either visit my website www.MarkEvansOnline.co.uk or copy and paste this link into your search bar http://eepurl.com/fDga6
I can't wait to see you all there! All about the P.A.R.T.Y!!! Sh-boom!!!

Really looking forward to promoting the album and there's lots of stuff lined up to keep my ridiculously busy after I leave WICKED on December 10th too. NO REST FOR THE WICKED (To the tune of 'no one mourns the wicked')

I then met my mate Caroline last night for a beverage before heading together to watch our friend Ashleigh Gray in BETWIXED at the Trafalgar  Studios. She was brilliant, she plays a German disembodied head (she's basically in a box with only her head showing) - it was one of the most genius, stupidly ridiculous and hilarious shows i've had the pleasure of watching. I'd tell you to go see it but they only have 4 shows left as they finish on Saturday so I doubt you'd get tickets. I really enjoyed it. Ashleigh sang a duet on my album and I am about to send the track to her to listen to for the first time. Yikes!!! 

After watching the show we all went for a good laugh and catch up over drinks until the early hours.

This morning was the first time I haven't set an alarm in longer than I can remember and it was amazing. I woke at 11.30am feeling full of life and energy. Woohoo!

And that brings us back to the present. I clearly lied when i said this blog wasn't going to be as long but hey it's been a busy week and once i start talking I can't stop. I'm gonna cram in 15 minutes on the guitar before heading into town. Hope you're all well and happy. Get in touch on Facebook and Twitter!

Keep loving your lives folks cos it's blooming marvellous!

Keep smiling

Sh-boom!!!

Mark