Thursday 30 June 2011

BLOG 50!!! (WOW) START SPREADING THE NEWS.....

Hi Everyone

Happy Thursday

So I'm starting this weeks blog on the tube into London. I'm making my way over to Heathrow airport to fly out to New York. Would you like me to say that again? Ok… i'm flying to NEW YORK CITY in about 3 hours. So this blog will probably be written on a variety of public transport and will I'm sure be posted when i'm sat in the departure lounge. 

Before I left home this morning, I was watching a bit of Beyonce's Glastonbury performance. Did you see it? The woman amazes me everytime I watch her. I can't wait to see her live sometime soon.

Also, last night, after I finished work I met my friends Charlotte and Haley to go for a couple of drinks to celebrate me finally having some time off from all the different work. And we were at one of our favourite restaurants and when I went to the restroom I, noticed that Chris Colfer was sat with some people in the corner. If you don't know him, he plays the gay character in Glee who sang single ladies (amongst other things). Now I don't watch glee that often but I think he's brilliant, so I went to introduce myself. They were sat with their body guard so I politely apologised for interrupting their evening but wanted to say hello and when I told them I'm working in Wicked playing Fiyero we then had a lovely little chat. It was actually suggested that Chris and I swap cities as he wants to live in London and i want to live in New york (which is where i'm headed now, oh sorry, did I say that already?) Random little tale there for you that I thought many of you would be interested to hear as I know you're massive Glee fans!

So... what a busy week it's been. Are you noticing a pattern here? I am! Every week is a blooming busy week eh?!!!

Last Friday morning I had a 10am meeting with my manager and my friend Nathan as we're all working on a development project for my summer school West End In Wales (Westendniwales.com) and I have to admit, I found it a bit of a challenge waking up to get into town by 10am. My basic rule with London is that I leave an hour to get anywhere because public transport can either take 30 mins or three times that depending on if there's a bit of snow on the line, or wind, or sun, or leaves or a person or even an ant I'm sure! Not that I'm saying it's unreliable. Uh-hum!!!

So it was a very productive couple of hours in the meeting  then I headed to do a couple of hours in the gym before meeting my friend Haley. She plays Meg in Love Never Dies (the sequel to Phantom of The Opera) and the producers announced last week that it will now be playing it's final London performance on August 27th, so if you haven't seen it, and want to, you better be quick. I'm going next Wednesday once I'm back from New York… did I mention I am going to……alright Evans…. SHUT UP!!! So I spent the afternoon with Haley before heading to work. 
By the time I got half way through the show I officially crashed! My energy levels plummeted, my voice felt tired and it became a lot harder. I think the main reason for this was because I knew I wasn't heading straight home after the show. I was going to do a gig at the Jermyn Street Theatre with my friend Scott Alan who is a composer who's written a song for my album. By the time I got to the venue I was hot and sweaty from rushing there and then the heat of the theatre just hit me. For those reading this who were in the audience, you obviously know what i'm talking about. There was no air con in the theatre and the lights were really hot so I don't think there was a single person who didn't exit that night a complete sweaty mess! I performed the song from my album, 'Until Then' and it was the first time I'd performed it live and the first time Scott heard me sing his song (and we had't even rehearsed). It was a nice night and then once it was done I had 15 minutes to run and get my last train home and so I was more sweat than human by the time I jumped in the shower at home! Ha. - I'm portraying myself to be a filthy sweaty dirty boy aren't I. Ha. Believe me I'm not. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to personal hygiene and to be honest I can't bare it when people around me have bad hygiene. Speaking of which the woman sat next to me on this tube train has really long hair which keeps brushing my arm and it doesn't smell too clean - by the way lady, if you're reading this over my shoulder, then stop being so nosey! Ha

I'm now on my third underground train of the journey. This one takes me directly to Heathrow! Sh-boom!!!

So after a really good night's sleep on Friday, I woke Saturday feeling refreshed and ready for the two show day. All I ever need for my voice to work properly is as close to 8 hours sleep as possible and litres upon litres of water.

Oh this tube train has just gone through Hammersmith which is where I had to travel every day when I played Troy Bolton in High School Musical Live On Stage, 3 years ago (when I had more hope of looking like a teenager). That was an incredible 9 week job and I have very fond memories. I made some amazing friends from that too, including Becca who I'm staying with in New York. How our lives have changed in three years! Can't wait to see her.

So after the show on Saturday I had a quick beverage in the pub with Zoe who plays Nessarose in the show and Ben who plays Boq. I adore them both and they're lovely to work with and great in the show! Ben and I are officially known between ourselves as Fatman and Blobbin. Not because we're fat, but we both like cake and biscuits and Percy Pigs!

Sunday morning I was up at 6.20am to head to Wales to do the first TV appearance for my Album promotion. I'm saying no more - just watch the VLOG - 

http://vimeo.com/25795745 (just copy and paste this link into your search bar and it'll work!)

So Monday morning I was woken up by my beautiful nieces and had breakfast with them before heading to get the train back to London where there were no cows causing delays but we were 30 mins late because the sun made the tracks hot! See what I mean about London transport?!

Once I arrived i managed to fit in a swim before work. The show was great on Monday and then I headed home to sleep as much as possible before waking up to tackle the biggest 'to-do' list in a long while. I basically wanted to ensure that I had tied up everything I needed to work wise, home wise, friend wise, before I finished work Wednesday night so that I could switch off in NYC and enjoy myself. So I got the bulk of it done leaving just a few things left that I could squeeze into wednesday morning then I headed to the gym for an hour with my personal trainer. Then had another swim before work again. 

After Tuesday's show I went home to pack my bags. Woke yesterday morning (Wednesday) and continued packing. I then did a photo shoot for 'The Stroke Association' which is a great charity. They are promoting a charity bike ride so wanted me to be the face of it to get some publicity going - so I just popped on a T-Shirt and posed with a bike for them!
Then I quickly popped into a couple of clothes shops to pick up a few last minute holiday bits, collected my U.S dollars and headed to work for two shows.

Which brings me up to date with telling you about last night's encounter with Chris Colfer! 

I'm unsure weather or not I'll be doing a video blog for next week. I have to force myself to switch off from everything while I'm away because a). I need to and b). I drastically hit the ground running work wise when I get back -  filming two full days for the TV documentary amongst many other things so if I randomly feel inspired to film stuff I might but I'm sure you'll forgive me for saying that this break away for me has to indeed be a break! I'll still write my blog though of course.

Can I just say also, that when I was writing blog number 32 or 33 or something, I remember thinking 'I wonder what I should do for Blog 50, should it be something different' - And how bizarre that today is blog 50 and Evans here is flying to New York City!!!

I'll be online at least once a day so keep your tweets and Facebook messages coming and I look forward to telling you ALL about my week in New York!

Love your lives please people. I had a couple of lovely fan letters yesterday which both said that my positivity inspires them to live happy lives and to always try to keep positive. That meant so much to me and I am touched that I can have that affect on people. Life really is too short, so lets embrace each day and bloody enjoy it!

Keep smiling

Sh-boom

Mark

PS - Just finished this on a wobbly train that's about to arrive Heathrow so I'll proof read and post it from the departure lounge. I depart at 2pm and I'm due to arrive at NYC JKF airport at 9.40pm UK time where you can all think of me and sing the New york theme tune - "dum dum duh dah dum, dum dum duh dah dum, dum dum duh dah dum, bum, start spreading the news….." OK I need to shut up, I'm too excited!!!