Thursday 16 June 2011

BLOG 48!!! Completed the album! Sh-boom!

Hey Everyone,

Happy Thursday. Hope you're all well and happy.

I watched some friends in Legally Blonde The Musical this afternoon and I just can't stop singing those songs - the music is great in the show and then when you leave, it gets stuck in your head and it gets a bit annoying! Ha. So I'm hoping that by writing this it'll distract me from it. It's a great show and my friend Nicola Brazil who was playing Elle Woods today did a cracking job! We were in Wicked together 3 years ago where I used to lift her above above my head 8 times a week!!!

So it's been another pretty manic week. Last Friday I woke at my mate Sally's house as I'd stayed there and then headed into central London to do a good 2 hours in the gym before meeting my pal Haley for a some nice food at my favourite place 'Bills' before I left her to head to work to do the show.

After the show I stayed at another mate's house to chill out before a manic weekend. So after breakfast Saturday morning I packed a bag full of food for the journey back to Wales (for the second time) which was to happen after the evening show. Both Saturday shows were good fun - I did yet again enjoy the benefits of a little energy drink to get me through. You'll see which drink I have on this weeks video blog (VLOG) as it makes a little appearance. 
Now this weeks VLOG will not be posted until tomorrow (Friday) because i am currently sat in my dressing room where the internet gets very temperamental sometimes and refuses to work so I can't upload the video here because it takes a long time and with an inconsistent internet connection it's just not worth the bother. So it will be uploaded over night and then posted tomorrow morning! Something to look forward to. I'm actually really enjoying editing these VLOGS. I'm trying to find enough time to suss out what everything does editing wise on my computer and I'm happy with this week's - there's a little funny tale from Caernarfon which I tell in it. So look out on Twitter and Facebook tomorrow when I post it.

Anyway, so after the show Saturday night I got in the car outside the theatre where my driver, bless him, was grabbing 40 winks while he waited - Couldn't imagine having to drive 5 hours from North Wales to wait in London for 30 minutes and then drive 5 hours back - Those of you who have just finished your exams will know that that is 10 hours of driving! :)

We luckily only stopped once for a bathroom break and I stocked the driver up with lots of sweets and sugar so I trusted that he would get me there safely while I just had a lovely old sleep on the back seat - listening to lots of new music.

I am loving some of the music I've recently downloaded. Simon Curtis, Hurts, Katy B, J-Lo, Lady Gaga and snippets of Beyonce's new album. My life would be so dull without music. That's the main thing I'd miss if I had to go on something like 'Big Brother' or 'I'm A Celebrity' is music. I'd end up annoying everyone involved in the programme by singing ALL THE TIME! 
Music add's so much to life don't you think??? I mean, think of a film without the soundtrack, it would be a lot less effective and would be rather dull - well I think the same could be said about life! It certainly makes my life a much better!!!

So I arrived the hotel in Caernarfon at about 3.30am on Sunday and managed to sleep quite well, then woke at 10am and attempted to eat my Travelodge speciality known as 'Breakfast In A Bag' - sounds delicious doesn't it?. You're right, it sounds disgusting and indeed it was. A plastic looking croissant and a sachet of rancid jam, a stodgy greasy muffin, a 'Rumblers' cereal pot with warm milk and a bottle of orange juice. I went to Morrisons afterwards to buy proper food! Then i got picked up and taken to the studio which i won't write about now as you'll see everything in the VLOG when it is posted. 

My family arrived halfway through the days recording and so once I was finished, at about 8pm we all headed home to have a great big Fish and Chips take away and I also ate LOTS of biscuits and chocolate!!! Ahhhhh home comforts! (Actually it's just nice to eat food that your Mum and Dad have paid for eh?!) ha

Monday morning I woke up at 8am to make sure I got to see my nieces before the eldest had to go to school. I can't explain how much I LOVE them! So much so that I want to squish them! Looking forward to having kids of my own

After snoozing for about an hour on the sofa with my sister's youngest who celebrated her third birthday last week (I bought her the most amazing pink frilly sequinned 'Tangled' Disney dress with matching sequinned shoes because she love party dresses!) Mum and I visited my brother's girlfriend and their two little girls while he was in work. The youngest is only one and she hasn't gotten used to Uncle Mark the 6ft 2 giant who visits every few weeks so she kept her distance and simply stared at me. Love it!

Then Mum, aka Taxi, dropped me off at the train station so I could head back to london in time to fit in 50 lengths of the pool before work!

Tuesday was a very good day because I went shopping with my stylist,  Kat, for the album photo shoot which is next week! Westfield shopping mall is just incredible. The designer village seemed to have everything we wanted and more. We fell in love with a shop called 'The Kooples'. Neither of us had been in there before so I reckon it's relatively new - have you heard of it? They're clothing is beautifully made and such good style and quality and they had a sale on! Brilliant!

Just can't wait to get the gear on and be a poser for a day - Kat has a great eye for fashion and the photographers do so much amazing work and have great ideas and locations for my shoot together with a fab hair and make up stylist so hopefully it'll be a good day. I'll probably do next week's video blog on the photo shoot as I've realised that, the way it's happened, every blog so far has been me in a recording studio somewhere so as there's no plans to record for a while now it'll be a refreshing change to see something different I reckon.

Anyway, after shopping till we could shop no more, I lugged all the bags to the theatre and headed to the gym to meet my personal trainer who got me, and I quote from today's Legally Blonde trip, 'Whipped into shape'" big time! I'm still aching and I'm going again tomorrow!!!

Then it was a good show Tuesday before heading home to rest before a busy Wednesday.

Wednesday morning I came into town early before the two shows because I was performing alongside some of the cast from Wicked at an event held in Cardinal Place in Victoria called 'West End Live'  which the city council fund to promote theatre and give the public the opportunity to enjoy some of what London's West End has to offer, free of charge.
The main West End Live event is in Trafalgar Square this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) where every show will perform at least one number. It's great for any theatre lovers so head down there. It's COMPLETELY free. Don't worry if you can't make it - most of the official videos get posted online. I'm not performing this weekend though as I'll be doing the show.

Then I had friends watching both shows yesterday (Wednesday) and after the show I went to stay at my mate Dom's house who I did Rocky Horror with, for a glass of wine and some pasta over a catch up and a good laugh. 

He's in Legally Blonde too so when he went into the theatre today I spent a couple of extra hours looking for more clothes that we need for the photo shoot. Then I watched the matinee which as I said was good and then came to work where I am now sat, in the interval of the show about to wrap this week's blog up.

Hope you've enjoyed reading it. I still cannot announce gigs for the album just yet but I will very soon I promise.

Thanks for all your constant support. You're all amazing! Sh-boom!

Every week I notice that lots of you on Twitter keep tweeting saying "Has @MarkHEvans posted this weeks blog yet? I think I may have missed it" - well here's a simple answer, just click on the little 'FOLLOW'  button in the corner of the blog page and then you should get updates overtime there's a new post. Go on….do it……now………while you remember! I sound like my mother.

Enjoy your week and get in touch. @MarkHEvans or my Facebook fanpage is MarkEvansPage

Love your lives please! Thanks 

Sh-boom!

Mark

PS - Still singing bloody Legally Blonde songs. 'Omigod You Guys!'
PPS - If you like my blogs then please Retweet or Post them on your Facebook! :)