Thursday 24 March 2011

BLOG 36!!! Busy week!!!

Hi everyone,

Happy Thursday,

I am currently sat in my dressing room having just had my haircut at work - the great thing about having to look a certain way for the production you're in is that they cut your hair for you which means no expensive trips to Tony & Guy! I clearly needed a chop though, as i was sharing a dressing room for two nights this week with Ben who plays Boq and when I was styling my hair for the show - which involves lots of volume boosting moose and a roller brush, blowdrying from the back and working forward (so technical eh?!), well when I was half way through, he decided I looked like a cross between Gwynneth Paltrow and Posh Spice in the 90's - not the exact look I was going for as Fiyero. So anyway - my hair is now good again!

The reason we had to share a room was because my dressing room was being painted - it's all done now - It's nice and clean and new looking. I don't know why but when they asked me what colour i wanted the woodwork to be painted, i chose green…… GREEN!!! Why, when I'm surrounded by so much green anyway I don't know, but it work's well, it's like a mint colour and I think it's classy!

I do think that Ben is having withdrawal symptoms now that he has been left in his room all alone again though! Ha! He is such a nice guy - really like that our dressing rooms are next door. We were thinking of asking Claire Sweeney to bring the 60 minute Make Over team in to knock through the dividing wall and add a balcony! haha - Oh it's not Claire Sweeney anymore is it - I'm so not with it!!!

Haha get this - Ben's just come in to my room saying his dressing room is getting painted next week so he'll be in my room - ha! Good times!!!

Anyway, this week….hmmm. 

After I typed up last weeks blog where I was sniffed by the waitress (by the way, loads of you got in touch asking what cologne I was wearing - ha, I wear 'TERRE D'HERMES' and I actually agree with the waitress that the smell is in fact "fit"!), I met up with my friends for lunch and then just chilled out before heading to work.
My friend Haley popped over after the show for a cuppa and then I got to bed as Friday was a busy day!

Friday I woke and headed in the pouring rain to the bank to discuss pensions and all that sort of stuff and after two hours I was glad to get out of there. Then I headed to meet the wonderfully talented Michael Bruce who's a musical theatre composer and who's album I sang on and who's album launch I performed at on Sunday, to rehearse for the gig. When I say talented, I really mean it! All I can say is buy his album… 'Michael Bruce- Unwritten Songs' on itunes and that'll be the proof - he is so good and he's young and he's british and a genuinely lovely guy who deserves to do well! Also look at www.portraitofaprincess.com to witness pure genius!!!
The rehearsal was good and it was greet to sing his music, then I went to have another long meeting with a financial advisor who again talked figures and used stupidly long words and made my head hurt by the end of the day, so I had to go for a swim before work to clear my head!!! Felt better having done all of that stuff though, but wow, talk about an overdose of maths!!! I got a 'C' in my maths GCSE and that was a struggle!!!

So during Friday night and Saturday morning's train journeys I finished reading my book. 'One Day' by David Nicholls - I don't like abbreviations usually but this deserves a big old OMG!!! It's such a great book! I wanted to give you a full review but don't want to give anything away. I just really want you all to read it as I think it will be enjoyed by a really broad reading audience - the writing style is in my opinion perfect - it's a page turner and very unique and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I want David Nicholls as a friend cos he's great and really funny!

Saturday before the show I met some friends from Rocky Horror for brunch at one of my new favourite cafe's in Covent Garden called Bills which was lovely and then headed over to the Apollo Victoria for two good shows! After Saturday night's show i met my friend Haley and her parents as they were visiting from Scotland and we headed for a couple of quite drinks at a nice bar in central London before i got the last train home, enjoyed two bowl fulls of wholegrain cereal and headed to sleep. What a party animal!!!

Sunday I needed to be at the Delfont Room (front of the Prince Of Wales theatre where Mamma Mia is performing) to rehearse for the Michael Bruce concert by 3pm and once I was there it was a very well organised calm afternoon and it was wonderful to be a part of a concert like that which didn't involve everyone stressing about remembering lyrics or that they didn't know what they were doing, because most of us knew the material already having sung it on the album. Went for a tasty Wagamamas after rehearsals before getting ready for the show - which was jam packed and sold out - a great atmosphere and not only is Michael Bruce's composition work incredible he also has the gift of being able to have the audience in the palm of his hand and won them over with his charm immediately. I do a lot of these sorts of gigs and enjoy them all but with this one i actually considered myself proud to be associated with it as it was just an evening of pure class between Mr Bruce himself, the performers, the wonderful 10 piece band and the venue with a very warm atmosphere! Thoroughly enjoyable evening which culminated in a meal and cocktails with a few friends in Soho before getting the bus home! (Trains were cancelled on Sunday…booooooo!!!!)

The reason we were drinking cocktails was not only to toast to a great concert, but to celebrate the amazing result of Sunday's dancing on ice! Laura and Colin skated incredibly and they are through to the final without having been in the skate off! I obviously couldn't watch the show live as I was doing the concert but immediately afterwards I was found shmoosing with showbiz people at the bar, whilst having my phone in my hand with the voting number for Laura and Colin on redial and I am not even going to tell you how many times I ended up voting! TOO MANY!! Ha
So thrilled that they are through! And guess who'll be in the studio this Sunday……yup you guessed it….ME!!! I am going to watch with my friend Haley and we can't wait! I am delighted that by me spreading the word (rather frequently ;)!!!)  about them to all of you faithful fans of mine, that now you are all followers of them too and I can not thank you enough if you are voting! All I ask is that you please, keep your support through to Sunday night! I have been hearing of some of the things they've been up to in training and the programme is going to be AMAZING!!! I really want them to win so please vote for them. Laura and Colin have said that the atmosphere at the studio is not as competitive anymore, all three couples in the final are just thrilled to have gotten this far - BUT…..I AM competitive and i want to scream my head off when Phillip Schofield announces that "the winner of Dancing On Ice is…..Laura and Colin!" ha - please help me make that happen! Love you all for our support! Shpeel over!

I am now in the interval of the show and everyone is excited as we have an 80's themed company quiz night tonight - it's fancy dress, which i usually, to be honest don't enjoy but i have got an amazing Boy George outfit which I'll be sporting this evening and I reckon we're gone have a cracking night!

So Monday morning I went for a swim before meeting two wonderful friends of mine who were over from Monaco and came to see the show. So we went for lunch together in the afternoon and then I took them to their hotel before heading to work. They thoroughly enjoyed the show and it was nice to hear their thoughts on it all afterwards over a drink!

Tuesday morning i started revamping my flat. I moved everything from bedroom into the lounge, ripped up the carpets from the bedroom and entrance landing thingy majigy and painted the lot  as I have carpets being delivered and fitted tomorrow morning!!!- I got a lot done but come 3pm i had to get out of the flat as the sunshine was roasting - so I dropped tools and went to Victoria for a gym session and a Starbucks Frappuccino (spelling???) before the show. Then after the show had a drink with a couple of people I had in watching before heading home!

Yesterday I did a couple of things to the flat before heading to pick up the boy george outfit from my friend Wayne and heading into town to enjoy a good walk in the sunshine before two shows! Then last night i stayed at a mates house before heading into the gym today and then….birthday lunch with three friends in the sun at Carluccios near Bond Street then we walked to the Hummingbird Bakery for the biggest doorstop of Carrot Cake ever!!!  
Just check out my twitter for a picture! It was delicious! 
I LOVE CARROT CAKE!
Then i headed to work - which brings me to this moment here where I'm sat about to do act two and I've just realised looking in the mirror that my new hair makes my look younger then Justin Bieber (who apparently is a big fan of Laura and Colin on dancing on ice - HA)

Right i'm off to act a bit and sing a bit and kiss a green girl a bit and then go back in time to the 80's a bit to feel thick as a plank when I let our quiz team down by not knowing any answers!!! Ha.

Hope you're all well.

Keep in touch via Facebook and Twitter etc!!! 

Enjoy the sunshine and enjoy life!

Sh-boom!!!

Mark