Thursday 17 March 2011

BLOG 35! Get a whiff of this! :)

Yo yo yo (I'm so ghetto!!!)

How are you all on this fine Thursday afternoon? ….(I am now proof reading this and it's evening as I had to meet my friends before I put this edition live on the site, but continue to read as though from this afternoon please- Sh-boom!)

I'm writing this week's edition from a kinda weird little cheap cafe in Purely in south London before I meet a couple of mates for the afternoon! I say kinda weird because the staff are dancing around behind the counter and clearly not concentrating on what they're doing as they've brought out the wrong food to the two geezers next to me twice and apparently they don't serve anything but white bread for their sandwiches- I mean, come on, it's 2011 folks! Also, all of their cakes are covered in glitter! Random! However they are playing Jessie J's album so I'm happy! Ha!

Have to just say at this moment that I am a mere three chapters away from finishing my book 'One Day' - I have been taking my time to casually read it whenever I can grab a spare moment and shall write a proper mini review on it by next week when it'll be done but I have to say now - READ IT!!! What an incredibly talented author! Excellent book, highly recommended! One Day by David Nicholls!

So what's been going on this week…hmmm - oh yeah, so last Thursday evening after I finished writing my blog on the train (after taking all evening to write it) I stayed at my bezzie mates house and I ate three amazing pancakes with big lumps of gloopy nuttela and banana! With a nice glass of port! Delicious- then had a much needed good sleep!

Woke Friday morning and after a quick breakfast with Sal's fella Olly, I went to meet the one and only Oliver Tompsett! For those of you who do not know, Oli is a friend of mine who played Fiyero in Wicked the last time I was in the show and I was his understudy! He has the most amazing dog by the way. Also he's one of the most talented guys I know! Basically, I hadn't seen him for a while so we had a good catch up, but the main reason for us meeting was because he and his brother who are amazing song writers (Oli's album 'Sentimental Heart' is still played regularly on my iPod!) have written a track for me for my album and I am writing the lyrics so we just had a session working on finessing things and progressing things ready to record it in June! Exciting times. Love working on things with Oli - we're like twins, equally passionate and equally stupid (I say that with the upmost respect of course) we're just a couple of stupidly tall geeks really! Ha

After we were done I went for a nice long swim in the pool then met a couple of mates for dinner before work. I was getting really tired by the end of last week because of being so manic earlier in the week, so Friday night I headed home for a good night's sleep then Saturday I woke and had a high energy breakfast to get me through the double show Saturday!  I stayed at a friends house on Saturday night to have a bit of a chill and then headed to East London, Shoreditch High Street on Sunday for the most INCREDIBLE Sunday roast! 
I love Sundays, I dressed as a trendy geek (anything that's not 'winkified prince' - as in Fiyero) and headed to what i believe is the coolest part of London - I am getting more and more into clothes and fashion now that i am back in London and don't have to live out of a suitcase and can actually have a full wardrobe - only problem is, nice clothes require a healthy whack of spondoolie don't they!?! - and i want to buy another property by the end of this year so I'm restricted when it comes to shopping - torture!!! Why can't everything just be free eh??? HA.
But anyway….I digress, spent Sunday afternoon in a pub called..the water's something or other… erm, the water's edge… no… er…. oh yeah 'The Water Poet'… or maybe i just completely made that up - ANYWAY - it was a really cool place with miss-match furniture and my friends and i sat under an outdoor heater and enjoyed incredible food, and lovely wine and cheese and biscuits and deserts and just laughed with a great atmosphere in the pub while the rugby was screened in the back ground! Perfect afternoon with perfect company!

Sunday evening, I have to say I was extremely disappointed in the 'BBC red button'  coverage of the Olivier awards. Instead of just showing live footage from the stage they kept cutting back to a couple of blokes with a couple of mics in a tiny room at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, as if WATCHING a radio broadcast was suppose to be interesting! Boo! Congratulations to all the well deserved winners though - what an honour!

Although the Olivier Awards frustrated me - Dancing On Ice on the other hand, did not! Wow - what good telly eh? It was a very intense night! I do feel that Jason Gardner is picking on Sam a little and should lay off! What a drama over a hat! But all I'm, gonna say is - Laura & Colin…..AMAZING! For those of you who may be reading this edition of my BLOG as the first ever one - my friend Laura Hamilton is one of the celebrity contestants on Dancing On Ice this year, and she was my Cinderella in Bromley Panto two years ago when I played the prince! She and her pro partner Colin are amazing and I honestly believe they deserve to win the entire series! I ask you please please please, this Sunday to vote all that you can to make sure they get to the final which is next week! They never thought they'd get this far and truly deserve all the success they're experiencing! 
I have a gig this Sunday so will not be able to watch live but my mum texts me the number and i shall be tweeting it to you all and asking very politely if you will please vote with me- 
A couple of people have asked if I work on commission for them with all the support I give….haha, but i simply want to help them as I know exactly what it's like to do reality TV and to stand there at the end of a programme waiting to hear if you've been voted for or not and it's the most sickening feeling ever and so if I can help my friends in anyway, I will, and I do, and I know that my loyal fans have been supportive of them too, for which I'm very grateful! Keep it up guys! Thanks!

So Monday I did a good session at the gym then met up with some friends from The Rocky horror Show for lunch then ended up meeting another friend to go to the Tate Modern museum and just walk around some touristy parts of London - which you never do when you live here so I really enjoyed it!

After the show Monday night, i headed home and watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy - lots of you on Twitter are clearly fans too! Then got a good nights sleep. Tuesday was a very productive day doing more work on my summer school all day before heading for a swim and then to the show. I had three friends watch on Tuesday who worked on the BBC Eurovision programme I did, and I hadn't seen them for ages so we had a good catch up after the show! They really looked after me during the programme and it's always great to see them!

Hold on a minute…. the waitress just spoke to the couple on the table next to me, saying in what can only be described as a broad 'landon' accent - she said 
"'ear's your sarnies my darlings…..'ere, one of you smells really noice, which one of you izit?" 
she proceeded to sniff the gentleman and said 
"nope, sorry, it ain't you mate!" 
then she sniffed the very attractive and well dressed lady and said 
"oh no, how embarrassing, it ain't you eivar,"…….
THEN SHE SNIFFED ME!….and said 
"oh it's you….sorry i just had to comment cos you smell proper fit"
 - she then apologised to the charming couple and bopped her way back behind the counter! Hilarious!

Anyway, where was I, well i guess that's it really. Yesterday I had two shows which consumed the day and after a good nights sleep last night and a productive morning of work today I've now found myself completely up to the present moment and slightly still taken aback by the waitress here in the caf!

I'm actually laughing out loud at what just happened!!! Hahahaha! At least I know I smell good! HA

Keep tweeting and messaging folks cos i love to hear form you! Hope you enjoyed reading this! 

Big love heading your way from a 'fit smelling' giggling man in Purley!

Sh-boom!!! Oh by the way - The Overtones on Dancing On Ice - one word AMAZING!!! Buy their album!!!

Love your lives folks!

Mark