Thursday 2 December 2010

Blog Number 20!!! London Again!!!

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well

I am actually writing this post from my flat in London - HURRAY!!!  how I have longed for this moment to arrive!

Last blog was last Thursday the day it was announced I shall be taking over the role of Fiyero in Wicked from February 7th. So... Thursday night in Trieste we all had a night out and it was very unlike me, but I felt like celebrating my Wicked news and ended up staying out until 5.15am!!! I still got up for breakfast at 9.30am! It was a great night out and I did a lot of laughing! I was a little merry going to the bar at one point and in my slightly drunken mindset I thought I could speak fluent Italian and went to ask the bar man for two glasses of prosecco (sparkling wine) but I said "due prosciutto!" which translates as "two ham!" What an idiot! We laughed about it a lot the next morning!

The last show on Sunday was good! I have never felt relief like I did at the end of the dream ballet of the last performance (end of act one)! The ballet has been hard work this year!!! It's lovely knowing I won't have to even think about trying to point my feet for at least a year. It really has been a challenging yet wonderful experience playing Curly in Oklahoma! and I see it as a real achievement that I managed to get through the whole contract without missing a single show - 236 performances!!!

We finished the show at 7pm on Sunday then went out to a place that served great food and cheap German beer! It was a nice way to finish the tour! Then we all flew back to London Stansted on Monday and said our goodbyes and that was the end of that chapter of my life. It's odd how as an actor your life, to a certain extent revolves around whatever work your doing at the time! It's good to get back to London and back to reality!

Can you believe this weather?!?!?!?!?!!

I arrived back from Italy after our flight was delayed by about an hour and a quarter and it was so cold here! I had scheduled to have a haircut with my friend Wayne who then roped me into helping him pick up a piano from North London in a huge transit van then bringing it back to his flat in south east London - only thing is, he lives on the 4th floor! Yup - we had to lift it up four flights of stairs and then into his lounge! It was so heavy but it was a right laugh too! At one point I had the weight of the whole thing balancing on my face!
Anyway - my point was, I could tell on Monday that it was going to start snowing during the night, but when I woke up on Tuesday, I was in shock at just how much snow there was! I had to get into London to go to the Apollo Victoria theatre (Wicked) for costume fittings etc and I left 2 hours to get there but to my surprise the trains were on time! I'd even been prepared by layering up beyond belief ready to stand on the platform for ages in the cold but then I was sweating buckets cos the train was there on time with it's heating blasting out! But that was the last time any journey went to plan this week! I watched Wicked on Tuesday night (Louise Dearman as Glinda and Rachel Tucker as Elphaba are INCREDIBLE and I can't wait to work with them!) then to get home I had to get 3 tubes and share a taxi with a complete stranger! Then all week it's taken about 2 hours to get in or out of London! Nightmare! How do they cope in Canada with this sort of weather! ANYWAY... that's the end of my moaning!

I was suppose to be going to visit the Rocky Horror Show in Aylesbury tomorrow to see all the cast and company before the tour finishes on Saturday night but due to this weather I am not going because I just wouldn't be able to get back afterwards!!! Any Rocky Horror fans reading this - enjoy the last weekend of shows! I wish I could be there! Give it an extra special Time Warp for me on Saturday and enjoy yourselves!
Was also suppose to be having a reunion of all the staff of the summer school I run (West End In Wales) in central London on Saturday night but not sure we're even going to be able to do it because it's such a hassle getting into central London!!!

So my view on this weather is - it looks lovely and feels very festive but it's a right pain in the backside when life needs to carry on! I hope none of you reading this have suffered in anyway because of the cold  or the ice and snow! Please be careful!

So this weekend has gone from being pretty busy with seeing friends to having no plans at all really! So I am going to relax and enjoy my flat and probably just watch the x-factor! Ha!

Keep your messages and comments coming - I read them all and love to hear from you! Also if you're on twitter, follow me - MarkHEvans! I have been on it for quite a while now but only now am I really starting to understand it and use it!

Stay safe folks and keep smiling!!!

Love your lives

Mark