Wednesday 8 December 2010

BLOG 21!!! Friends!!!

Hey everyone,

How are ya'll???

All is well with me! Thought I'd write the blog whilst chilling on my sofa, quite disappointed that I got home tonight just after Coronation Street had finished! Ha - I've only had a week and a half of having my evenings free and I'm hooked on Corrie!!! Loving all the drama during this 50th anniversary week! Won't talk too much about it as it'll be boring for all of you who don't watch it - but my god that was a good stunt for a soap and also - didn't that Tram Driver press the emergency stop button with some gusto!!! That actor knows that the clip of it all will be shown for decades now and he put his all into that button - ha, hilarious!!! Well done him!!!

Anyway so the last post of my blog was last Thursday, so here's my week! It's not been that busy to be honest!!! Been trying to make sure I make the most of time to see my friends and learning script for Marcaroni! So Friday evening I visited my friend Aaron who lives near by and we had nice food and a good chill out night. Saturday my brother and his girlfriend ended up staying at my flat as they didn't like the hotel they had booked so took them into London and as they did touristy things I went to watch the best show I have seen in a while - 'End Of The Rainbow' starring Tracie Bennett as Judy Garland. Not gonna preach about it, but if you fancy watching a comedic, emotional, moving, overwhelming performance and have a great time out at the theatre, then catch it while you can at the Trafalgar Studios in central London!
Then I met my brother and his girlfriend in the evening for a few drinks in town before heading back to devour two large take away pizzas from Pizza Hut!!! Mmmmm!!!

They then left on Sunday and I had a spring / winter clean of my flat before heading round to my friend Nathan's house to pick up the edited photos he took of me in the shoot for my new website which will be launched in a couple of weeks!!! I was on Twitter and tweeted about how I'd quite like to be airbrushed every morning the way that Nathan made me look on those pictures! I would look at a picture and think, 'oh I like that and I think I look ok', then once he's finished the editing on it I say, "yeah I really like that, it's great" then he'd show me the original again and I looked TERRIFYING in comparison! It's genius technology which gives things that extra edge! Ha ha!!! I'll let you judge for yourselves when you see the new site!!!
Sunday night I watched the X-Factor! I predicted the result correctly and am looking forward to see who wins in the final this weekend!!! Message me or tweet me who you think will win and let's see how many us you are right! - I don't have a favorite!!!

I am really getting into Twitter now!!! Never really invested much time or effort into sussing out how it all works before but I'm quite enjoying using it now - It's really simple, and It's even easier with my iphone4! If you want to sign up then I recommend it - I tweet regularly now so if you wanna follow me, my twitter name is MarkHEvans!!! Tweet me folks!!!

So Monday I got back to the gym which was good then had a couple of things to do in town then bought myself a new laptop - a MACBOOK PRO. I am not using it yet as I'm still backing things up off this one but I will be typing my next blog on my new sexy, shiny, silver beautiful new purchase - which I had decided to buy myself as a 'Well done on a successful tour of Oklahoma' and to 'Celebrate returning to Wicked as Fiyero' and also 'to rejoice being back in London!'

However, having said that, I leave London on Sunday to go to Cardiff! The kids T.V show I will be playing the title role in - 'Marcaroni' begins next week! It will start with a day of choreography on monday then straight in with filming episodes 1 and 5 and part of 6 on the Tuesday! I have been sent pictures of the set and some of the quirky things that have been added! It all looks great and really cute for kids! I am still overwhelmed by the amount of script I have to learn over the next couple of months! 52 episodes, filming at least two if not three a day, every weekday for 7 weeks - hmmmmm slightly anxious but I like a challenge and I'm looking forward to getting into a routine and discovering how long it takes to learn each one! I reckon maximum 45 mins work on each script will do it - I'll let you know! Ha

This morning I was in the Wicked building (Apollo Victoria theatre) shooting the Fiyero pictures for publicity and brochures and the for the theatre - It was great to get in the clothes (again, after about 3 years since I worked there) and good to have a giggle with Louise Dearman who plays Glinda! I think I had more pink lip-gloss on than her after posing for the kiss pictures! Hilarious - how do girls wear it? It's sticky as hell!!! Ha.

Met my old flat mate Grace last night, my friend Matt tonight, meeting my mate Lucie tomorrow night then friends Hollie and Michael and Dom on Friday then seeing my best friend Sal on Saturday then I leave Sunday. So this week will have been great for good catch ups with some very special people who I've missed by being away on tour for so long! Next year is going to be a great year shared with wonderful friends and good times! Can't wait!

Right I'm gonna stop rambling and get me tired carcass to bed!!! Keep in touch folks! Let me know what your doing for christmas, New Year and.........my birthday??? Yup it's January 2nd - how dull right! Everyone always has a hang over, or forgets about my birthday or gives me an unwanted christmas gift they were given which they've then re-wrapped in left over christmas paper turned inside out and handed it over to me with a look of "I hate you for being born on this date of the year" in their eyes!!! But to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way as I don't like a fuss, and won't make a fuss until my 30th which is a good 5 years away so we'll see where we all are by then!!!???!?!

Hope you're all well and happy!!! Love reading your comments and tweets remember - so keep in touch!!!

Mark

PS - I told my mum I was going to be very hands on in helping her make this years christmas lunch so any suggestions for interesting or unusual festive things to do with the veg would be greatly appreciated! I'd rather tell my mum I got the idea from someone reading my blog than "Oh Mum, I just nicked it from Delia"! Cheers