Thursday 31 May 2012

BLOG 98! A week of SUNSHINE!!!


Hey Everyone,

Happy Thursday.

Hope you've all had a great week.

I've been trying to enjoy the sunshine as much as possible whilst we've got it here in the U.K and it's been really nice to drop a few things so that i can chill out.

Last Thursday I had a wonderful friend of mine watching the matinee show so afterwards we had a really nice catch up over some food before i went back into the very hot theatre for a second show.

Friday I was suppose to have a meeting but my voice was feeling a little sorry for itself after blasting out two shows the day before so I decided to cancel it so I could keep quiet and relax in the park with my book. I love London at the moment - I mean, I love it most of the time but it has such an incredible positivity about it at the moment (which is quite rare for Londoners) but between the amazing hot weather, the Jubilee Weekend on it's way and the run up to the Olympics there is a real air of happiness and patriotism everywhere and it's great. It was a pleasure to sit on a deck chair in Green Park and watch the world pass by while I just sit and enjoy the sun and my book! 

I then headed to work for the show which was good and then went to stay with a mate who was moving out of his flat on Saturday morning so I made sure I was there to help him before driving into central town for a guitar lesson and two shows! I knew I was going to need the car after the evening performance which is why I drove in for the third Saturday on the trot! Can't make a habit of it though as London ain't cheep for all-day weekend parking!

After the matinee my voice felt ready to give up so instead of letting it, by just laying down and giving my body time to shut down while I lay on my couch in my dressing room I decided I needed to keep the blood pumping to keep my voice warm and active so I popped to my gym next door and did an hour on the exercise bike and then had a steam, some good food and geared myself up for the last show of the week which was great. I was very happy to walk out of stage door on Saturday night and get in my car and drive down to Brighton as I was staying there with a friend so that we could hang out by the beach and enjoy the sunshine on the Sunday. It was an amazing place, a penthouse apartment on the sea front with a massive terrace balcony to just lounge on and catch some rays. I lay there relaxing as long as I could until I got bored (I'm not very good at sunbathing) then we went for a walk along the edge of the water on the beach before grabbing lunch in The Lanes and doing a bit of shopping and then getting in the car to leave. I love Brighton and was considering maybe buying a place to live down there but decided on Sunday that actually I would end up not appreciating it's splendour as a town if i lived there as i'd be so used to it that it would be my normality which would then result in me not being able to consider a weekend at the beach as a treat! It'd also be pretty darn expensive to buy a place on the sea front so I'll just wait until I'm a millionaire! Ha.

Sunday evening I drove with my mate to visit my best friend Sal and we went for Sunday roast and a couple of drinks to a great pub that we used to go to when we were in college together 7 years ago so it was nice to catch up over good food and good company.

That evening we sat and watched The Lovely Bones which is a film that was based on the novel of the same name. We were going to watch something else I'd bought on DVD but thought as Lovely Bones was on the telly box we might as well watch that. It certainly wasn't the best film I've ever seen but I didn't dislike it! I just thought it could have been edited a lot better and they could've shaved a considerable amount off the running time of it! But worth a watch I suppose!

The next morning I drove my mate home and then went to buy lots of healthy food before doing lots of boring office work and then heading to the gym to do a lot of cardio. I've been a little too indulgent with my food over the past few weeks and have been restricted with the amount of gym work I can do because it effects my voice so at the beginning of this week I decided 'right that's it Mevans, fatty time is over, let's get cracking' and it felt blooming great to sweat out a load of toxins and feel really energised. 

After the show on Monday night I headed home to watch a bit of a DVD but fell asleep half way through! Lame! 

Tuesday I wanted to feel motivated by the gym again so I headed there after a small breakfast and busted my ass for 2 hours including a swim which was amazing! I had the whole pool to myself for the entire time I was in there. It's like therapy of the mind for me, swimming and having time to think! Can't recommend it enough as it's one of the best forms of exercise for the whole body at the same time! 

After that I met my mate Callum and we walked to Hyde Park and chilled by the water and laughed a lot. Hyde Park looked stunning in the sunshine! After that we headed to work and Tuesday night's show was awesome. The audience were incredible and I was buzzing and had one of my many 'I bloody love my job' moments! After that I went home and chilled out with a bowl of Just Right! (a healthy cereal that I'm kind of addicted to at the mo!) 

I woke yesterday morning (Wednesday) and sorted a few things out at home before heading to the gym for a run and a swim and then for my weekly physio appointment before having a meeting which I got really excited about! 

After that I walked from London Waterloo across the bridge to the theatre and had another 'I LOVE THIS CITY' moment!  …….Right now, I just had an 'I LOVE THAT I HAVE THOSE MOMENTS' moment! :-)

The show last night was great and I headed home, chilled out and then woke this morning fresh as a daisy ready to head in for a swim and then to meet our director for some rehearsing and then two good shows! 

I hope you're all well and happy! Oh by the way, I now (finally) have my photo cards from Ghost so if you've sent me fantail in the past 5 months I am about to star whittling my way through it all, it's gonna take me a while but I promise to get back to each and everyone of you who contacted me and included a stamped addressed envelope! If anybody does want a picture signed, just drop my a letter to stage door and I'll get back to you when I can.

Thanks for reading and as always for your continued support! I have confirmed that I'll be doing a nice little gig in June which I imagine a lot of you will be attending so I hope to see you there…..all will be revealed!!! All I'm gonna say is - who's going to West End Live this year???? ;-)

Stay happy, love yourselves, your family and friends and life! 

Believe! 

Sh-boom!

Mark