Thursday 28 April 2011

BLOG 41 - Dunno how but I got there in the end!

Hi Gang

Happy Thursday. How you all doing?

So it is now 8.45pm and I've just finished what i do in act one and so I can finally start writing today's blog! I'm gonna be different and start this week by telling you what I've been up to today, so you can see why this edition is so late being posted - i know that by the time it actually gets finished you will have followed me through the show and probably onto my train and then i imagine i'll finish it in my mate Sally's house as I'm staying there tonight to record on her EP (which stands for extended play incase you didn't know) tomorrow.

I woke early this morning to sort a few things out in my flat before heading to meet my mate Nathan Amzi who I worked with on Rocky Horror and he's a photographer and technology wiz (he did my website photography!) so I needed him to help little old technology thicko here to set up a few things. So he did all the iphone set up (for those of you who didn't know my iphone was stolen last week which i'll tell you about in a bit - but received my new one yesterday!) and he synced it all with my computer and I now have it all backed up and secure if ever it gets lost or stolen again. There were lots of other boring technical things with email accounts etc that we needed sorting which he very kindly helped me with - or rather, took charge and did it all for me!

Then we did a photo shoot so i have some new pictures to use if i need them before i rushed into central London to meet my new manager!!! I haven't mentioned it until now but as of last week I have a manager who will be working alongside my agent and will help me manage the many projects that I have to juggle between London, Wales and beyond. She also has some incredible ideas for future projects and lots of things that I reckon most of you reading this will get really excited about so all is good blog readers!!! I sat with her for a few hours and we turned the whole of one corner in Costa Coffee in soho into our office, with papers, computers and iphones (did i mention i have an iphone again? - happy!!!), and we had a very productive afternoon. Watch this space to see what's to come is all i can say!!!

I then had to get over to the theatre here asap to get my ears lowered (slang for get my hair cut to you people who ain't heard that saying!) and I have to admit I look considerably younger this evening post hair chop - let's just hope that when I feel in years to come that i want to look younger that all it'll take is a 30 minute haircut - ha, highly unlikely! 

I then went to the gym as it'll probably be closed tomorrow - cos apparently there's some sort of wedding happening in London tomorrow!?!?!?!! I then came into work and had to take 10 minutes to celebrate the fact that Fatman and Blobbin have been reunited this evening! My big buddy (munchkin sized big buddy) Ben Stott arrived back tonight after a week on his holidays and it was so great to see him and it's great to have him back! Missed him!

Then it was show time and I was thinking "Evans, seriously, when are you gonna find time to write your Blog today" but I said I'd find time and here i am!

So I'll keep you posted on the rest of the evening as it progresses until i complete blog 41 but for now……. let's go back, way back to a time where West End performers where glitzed and glammed up and ready to fight for the prestigious title of WEST END EUROVISION 2011 WINNER - yup let's go back to last Thursday evening which was AMAZING!!! If you don't know what the West End Eurovision is then check the end of my previous blog (blog 40) to read about it. 
It was an incredible night and so well put together - with so much effort put in not only from all the 11 west end shows that competed but from the charity TheatreMAD for production values that were more impressive than some west end shows I've seen in the past. It really was a celebration of a great charity and of the wealth of outstanding talent London's west end performers have to offer. I admit i was very drunk after two bottles of wine and a G&T but I take my hat off to them and thank them for hosting one of the most fun nights out I've had in a while.
Wicked won the award for best creative input and the over all winners were Legally Blonde who were very entertaining! 

I woke up in the middle of Friday morning with a very sensitive head - i don't ever have hangovers really but I was sat on the floor of my lounge surrounded by receipts and bills and paperwork trying so desperately to complete my tax return to send to my accountant but every time I looked from left to right too quickly I had to take a deep breath and focus on what a great night it had been so that i didn't let the dodgy feeling get the better of me! 
Once I had finished it all i had some lunch then treated myself by going into town a couple of hours before work and having a sleep in Hyde Park - it was perfect! I woke myself up by snoring - I don't snore so you can imagine how shocked i was when I did it in the middle of a park! Ha!
Then after work I had a quick bevvie (what scousers call a drink aka beverage!) with a mate before heading home on the train……which is where the iphone saga took place….

And on that note, I've just been called to stage to start ACT 2! I shall continue in a little while. Don't go anywhere- I'll be back :) 

Right I've just got ready for my last bit of act 2 very quickly so I have about 10 minutes to write before i'm called to stage.

So where was I….

Oh yeah, I was on the train home on Friday and I'd been replying to tweets and texts and emails on my phone the whole time and was two stops away from where I live - we'd stopped and the train doors where beeping as they were about to close then from behind me some stranger swiped my phone from my hands and exited the train, i managed to get up and get after him to the doors before they closed but couldn't follow any further as my bag was left on the seat where i had been sitting - i shouted out loud as there were lots of people around "someone stop that guy, he's stolen my phone" but before anyone could do anything he had gone, then the train doors closed and I was taken away left with everyone on the train looking at me and i will admit I let out a very very naughty word!!! 
I just didn't know what to do, there i was heading home after a nice drink with  mate and then that happened and i felt helpless - I couldn't call the police cos my phone was with a nifty fingered thief and so i got off and ran home to call my friend Nathan on Skype who calmed me down and sorted things out with me - The woman at Lewisham police was not very helpful at all but never mind! Anyway, as a positive person I just accepted that it could have been worse - at least there was no violence involved! Just be careful folks. Nathan has 4 friends this has happened to on the train in the last week! Don't give the thieves the opportunity and the satisfaction of getting your belongings! Rant over!

Saturday morning i headed into chat to a very pleasant helpful guy in the Bond Street Vodafone shop who gave me a little plastic replacement phone for £!0 which looked as if it was a kids toy that might blow bubbles but it really helped me out!

Then work was hard on Saturday as i was exhausted having not slept cos I was worried I wouldn't wake up as my iphone was my alarm clock and it had obviously gone - two performances of WICKED with about 3 hours sleep is not easy!!!

…I am now on the train from Victoria - had to stop writing in order to finish the show! Priorities!!!

There are three girls who have just got on the train after me who I thought were high on drugs….but no…they have just been to watch Legally Blonde!!! They are insane, and not in good way like the Wicked  fans are insane in a good way!!! C.R.A.Z.Y!!! 

So after the second show on Saturday night I headed straight home to chill and it was lovely! I had a pizza to myself and a bag full of mini eggs - what more could i ask for haha!

Sunday morning I had a sort out of my flat and chilled a bit then my mate Sally and her new Fiance popped over to mine then we headed to where they live to chill and celebrate their recent engagement with champagne and snacks in their local park before a few drinks and then some evening pub food! Perfect. This was all topped off with laying on the sofa watching what is now one of my favourite films, 'Love And Other Drugs' which stars Jake Gyllenhall (spelling?) and Anne Hathaway and they are both superb. I watched it in the cinema on my birthday so it was nice to watch it again and doze a little bit whilst watching - nothing better than falling asleep on a sofa knowing you can and that you have nowhere to go and nothing to do eh?

Having stayed with Sal and Olly I woke Monday morning and after breakfast headed into town and decided that as most people in the country were enjoying the Easter Monday bank holiday, i would let myself enjoy it too, so I met a couple of friends and we hired the London Barclays Bikes and cycled around London and hyde park and sunbathed enjoying the afternoon! Then had some food in the park before I headed to work to get into some running gear and went running  around the area, because the gym was closed - I got a little bit lost! HAHA! Picture me, a guy who has a very good sense of direction normally, ending up in the complete wrong part of London and wondering if I know how to get back to the theatre within 30 minutes to do physical warm up! Don't worry I made it with 3 minutes to spare!!!

After the show on Monday I went home to find a treat left in my fridge from my flatmate/lodger - 5 meringues with strawberries and cream! How delightful. ha

Woke early Tuesday to sort out the insurance and further police stuff that I wasn't able to do until then because of the bank holiday weekend then finished lots of other work before a gym session and then work! Nothing eventful really happened on Tuesday that I can recall!

Wednesday (yesterday) I randomly hadn't set an alarm but happened to wake up 10 minutes before the first ever showing of Marcaroni (The Welsh kids TV programme I worked on over Dec/Jan) was aired on S4C so I watched it and am so excited that there is a programme such as this available to kids to learn some great new music and have a laugh at some comedy characters basically being cute and silly!
Then I couldn't get back to sleep so decided to get up and head into town early to go for another cycle around Hyde Park as I enjoyed it so much on Monday and it was the perfect thing I could have done to gather my thoughts and prepare for my meeting with Rebecca today! That put me in a nice sprightly mood for the show and then i turned up at stage door and there was a lovely girl named Becky from Dundee who i'm sure will be reading this who had arranged for lots of you who are fans to get in touch and send messages to make me smile after the iphone incident! I am so grateful to Becky and all of you who made such an effort and it really did make me smile! There's a video going around with a thanks message from me i believe! My fans are the best.

So then that brings us to today which I've already babbled on about. I am about 5 minutes away from Sally's house now so it all worked out perfectly. The end of a very busy day!!!

Whatever you are all doing to celebrate the Royal Wedding make sure you have a great time and make the most of it! I am surprised that it has made me feel rather proud to be British - let's see if that lasts tomorrow when I'm fighting the crowds whilst trying to get to work! HAHA! 

GOOD LUCK WILL AND KATE!!!

Thanks for reading folks. 

Big ole SH-BOOM heading your way!

Mark

PS. I said i'd drop a mention in my blog to the people who sent in the #makemarksmlie messages - i am very grateful - 
Laure Roberts, Katy, Paula McCann, Harriet, Louise Jones, Conor, Franzy, Kara Johnson, Sarah Beckman, Caroline Simpson, Ben McDonald, Sarah White, Heather Evans, Sarah, Emily Beaumont, Natalie Kulynycz, Amanda Kappely, Emma, Rebeka Dio, Liam Jefford, Michael Rideout, Stephanie Stans AND OF COURSE - Becky (@babygumm07)